Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My asrock B85M board-PCIe 3.0 slot not working @ x16

Question My asrock B85M board-PCIe 3.0 slot not working @ x16

Just Bought 1 of those radeon R7 card and the pcie 3.0 slot on my asrock B85M board is not working @ full x16 as it should>stock @ x8 confirmed by a couple tools with 1 been GPU-Z render test, was thinking to roll back my current P.210 bios to P.170. Please Help

Default Re: My asrock B85M board-PCIe 3.0 slot not working @ x16

I've seen some problems with the newer R series cards posted here and it's usually corrected with a BIOS update.

Did you try forcing "PCIe Link Speed" in the BIOS from its default of Auto. BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration - PCIe Link Speed
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I've seen some problems with the newer R series cards posted here and it's usually corrected with a BIOS update.

Did you try forcing "PCIe Link Speed" in the BIOS from its default of Auto. BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration - PCIe Link Speed
    Yes I already try that didnt help

Out of my own curiosity, what R7 (???) card is it?

Out of my own curiosity, what R7 (???) card is it?
    oops never mind just find out that the card does not support more than bus x8

Quote Originally Posted by pcfan View Post
    oops never mind just find out that the card does not support more than bus x8
    That's exactly why I trolled that question by you.

Have a good one there.

That's exactly why I trolled that question by you.

Have a good one there.
    Yeah thanks for your help anyways as I dont game I just off load my video files thru madVR to the card is been great to me my cpu utilization went down from 15% to 5% the card is GV-R725OC-2GI and the cpu is the Intel Xeon E3-1225V3

Thread Information