Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2

    Default Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Hello Everyone, First time on the forum

    My problem is explained in the title, I updated Virtua MVP to the newest version and am now getting "License Disabled" message when I try to use it. I can roll back to the version from the ASRock site and it works again, but I don't understand why I can't update it.

    My board is a Z77 Extreme4 and I have just installed the newest BIOS, my GPU is a GTX 670 FTW with current drivers

    I can't seem to find a solution on google so I was hoping for some help

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    The new version of Lucid Virtu you tried I assume given your post is not from ASRock, but possibly from Lucid itself, or another source?

    The licensing of Lucid Virtu for your board is tied to the version supplied by ASRock, that is a free version supplied by a deal between ASRock and Lucid. That does not allow a user to use any version of Lucid Virtu, which Lucid wants to sell as a product. New ASRock boards like their Z87 series do not supply Lucid Virtu at all, that deal no longer exists. Previously Lucid was giving away the software, or in a deal with mobo manufactures, so it would become popular with users. That was also a type of testing for Lucid, since it did have bugs early on.

    If you want the new version of Lucid, not sourced from ASRock, you'll need to pay for the license, sorry to say.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The new version of Lucid Virtu you tried I assume given your post is not from ASRock, but possibly from Lucid itself, or another source?

    The licensing of Lucid Virtu for your board is tied to the version supplied by ASRock, that is a free version supplied by a deal between ASRock and Lucid. That does not allow a user to use any version of Lucid Virtu, which Lucid wants to sell as a product. New ASRock boards like their Z87 series do not supply Lucid Virtu at all, that deal no longer exists. Previously Lucid was giving away the software, or in a deal with mobo manufactures, so it would become popular with users. That was also a type of testing for Lucid, since it did have bugs early on.

    If you want the new version of Lucid, not sourced from ASRock, you'll need to pay for the license, sorry to say.

    Ok, that makes sense. sorry for the stupid question then.

    Thanks for your help

  4. #4
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Not a stupid question at all, you are not the first to wonder about the same thing.

    Initially, Lucid was disliked by many users, it had some bugs and others felt its performance was not worth using it. It made sense for Lucid to give the software away for free. But that is over, at least for ASRock. I'm not saying other manufactures are still providing it free, I'm just not aware if that is the case. I doubt that other manufactures have special deal with Lucid, but you never know.

  5. #5
    Joe-912's Avatar
    Joe-912 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Wouldn't it be ok to update through the Lucid interface, check for updates? I was lucky to get the Pro update a month or so ago like some people, and I use it for Quick sync video rendering, and I must say Lucid support is very good as I contacted them about a problem I had with Desktop window manager crashing, they help me solve by reinstalling and removing private data on uninstall, they also gave me a new activation code which solved my problem, sometimes you just have to reactivate after reinstalling
    Stephen
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

  6. #6
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-912 View Post
    Wouldn't it be ok to update through the Lucid interface, check for updates? I was lucky to get the Pro update a month or so ago like some people, and I use it for Quick sync video rendering, and I must say Lucid support is very good as I contacted them about a problem I had with Desktop window manager crashing, they help me solve by reinstalling and removing private data on uninstall, they also gave me a new activation code which solved my problem, sometimes you just have to reactivate after reinstalling
    Stephen
    Great information, thanks for posting it! I haven't been using Lucid Virtu for a while, so never was in the situation to try the update. The activation situation may help the OP with his dilemma.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    IIRC that Free Pro Upgrade is now expired.

    Yep, expired on Jan 31 2014.

    Free upgrade | Lucidlogix
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  8. #8
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    IIRC that Free Pro Upgrade is now expired.

    Yep, expired on Jan 31 2014.

    Free upgrade | Lucidlogix
    Oh, the pain!!

  9. #9
    Joe-912's Avatar
    Joe-912 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    Yes I can also remember when I switched to a ssd via cloning from my old HDD in January same thing happened to me, Lucid was disabled when I booted for the first time, but Just have to open Lucid control panel and reactivate, I think you can have about 5 activations before you would have to contact them, and I know a lot of people have talked of trouble with Lucid virtu, for me It works for my video rendering and some games so like it very much.
    glad if this helps someone
    Stephen
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

  10. #10
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Virtua MVP- License Disabled after update

    I'm glad we have someone with experience with Lucid posting here, although we don't get many threads about it, but it is important IMO.

    The Lucid issues I mentioned are just my second hand references to posts I've seen in the past. Certain games had issues with Lucid, but that was very early on, and could also be just gamers being negative about it.

    Enabling Quick Sync via Lucid is a good thing all on its own, and worth using it simply for that reason IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •