Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: C2750D4I Boots to Linux, then loses VGA

Default C2750D4I Boots to Linux, then loses VGA

I have a new issue with this board :)

I was able to install Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, todays daily build) and the install worked fine. Once the computer rebooted, the screen went dark, but I know its sending something to the VGA port because the monitor is not going to sleep. I'm also able to ssh to the machine, so I know its loaded and linux is working. I'm not sure what the issue could be. I initially suspected some video driver issue, but since the installer worked, thats probably not the case. Any thoughts?

Default Re: C2750D4I Boots to Linux, then loses VGA

something else is going on too, because I noticed that they keyboard loses power too. I've plugged in into all possible usb slots to no avail.

This is no longer an issue. There is some driver bug (or perhaps lack of support) in the kernel. With 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics

Quote Originally Posted by nimbus1 View Post
    This is no longer an issue. There is some driver bug (or perhaps lack of support) in the kernel. With 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics
    So I had this problem, I reflashed 1.8 bios (had 1.8 already) and now it is fine. Reflashing IPMI to 1.4 as well just to be.... well safe whatever.

Bonding also seemed to cause an issue, though removing that or removing the ipmi cable seemed to help.

Still haven't got KVM to work, probably java version (get stupid security manifest thing), but a friend managed via ssh tunnel so i know it works.

Uhm, yea so I think things are mislabled, I think the ipmi port isn't in fact the ipmi port, or something, its weird, or perhaps because i don't have a l3 managed switch, but at the moment i plugged into "lan1" and the OS has an IP, and I can access ipmi from its IP. 2 different Macs are presented. https://teksyndicate.com/videos/asro...ment-interface was somewhat kindof helpful.

Oh and javasol doesn't seem to really work either, although haven't continued to fiddle yet. the moment i think com0(or1) is redirected in bios, sol and MS one are turned off.

before when i got jsol working, it'd show a little bit until OS booted, then it'd die (although i suspect the whole box dies at that point, so...).
    Last edited by Thelen; 05-12-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Thread Information