Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ASRock 990FX KILLER ATX chassis fan ports.

Default Re: ASRock 990FX KILLER ATX chassis fan ports.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yo 'dawg, I doubt this PC has even passed POST once yet, due to the memory, so why would there be any video, even with repeated button presses...
    But then again, I'm still left 'ing what might happen POST wise should the system as a whole(read: HDD not spinning up) get "proper' power. Proper being the keyword there. It's almost like, and I'm kinda sorta leaning after reading a couple bad rev's at the 'egg the other night, he received a dud PSU. I know, ohhh the odds. Why me!?! The HDD not spinning could, I say could, after reading this thread, point to power issues which (w)(c)ould explain all these "issues, he's repeatedly being confronted with.

Going on two boards now, and yet the same PSU ............

Default Re: ASRock 990FX KILLER ATX chassis fan ports.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Ok, good. The monitor self-cycles looking for input. Some must be aided by repeated button presses.

Yea, after re-reading all that you've wrote concerning this temporarily swapping in a PSU to test with seems due process at this point.

That your HDD led indicated it wasn't receiving power/spinning up is something that points away from the MB. Not saying the memory is or is not compatible but there is an underlying reason that seems needs addressed first and am hoping that checking that(psu) that it cures whatever else is going on.
    Tried another power supply, still didn't work. I'm just going to return the motherboard and take all the other parts to a local store and let them find one that's compatible with everything. I had a Dell who's RAM crapped out and I still got video output. I have heard the HDD powering up, so it comes back to the motherboard.
    NXZT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower
    ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ ATX
    AMD 8350 FX
    1 TB VelociRaptor 3.5" Internal HDD 10000 RPM
    Antec TruePower Classic series TP-650C 650W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply
    EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C10D-16GAO (x4)
    Asus PCE-N53 PCI-E Adapter Dual-band Wireless-N600
    LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner, Bare Drive, 3D Play Back (WH14NS40) - OEM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information