Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme4+

Default EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme4+

Reading some posts does not fill me with confidence but here goes..
    I have just had the Asrock FM2A88M Extreme4+ motherboard fitted in my computer to replace a ASUS board that “failed” and
    ever since then when I start the computer I get this error message “ EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation” please anyone know what it is and how to fix it?
    Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme4+

EPU-4 is a ASUS app, NOT an ASRock app.

Why would you think this particular app, of the many other ASUS apps, that controls such deep system settings, that it would run on an ASRock board when you simply moved the HDD over between boards?

Surely this hasn't been the only outstanding error you've seen since swapping HDD's between these two MB's?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

EPU might have a chip related to its operation, if so it's literally a hardware feature that uses software. That would be a ASUS proprietary thing, so not found on ASRock.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    EPU-4 is a ASUS app, NOT an ASRock app.

Why would you think this particular app, of the many other ASUS apps, that controls such deep system settings, that it would run on an ASRock board when you simply moved the HDD over between boards?

Surely this hasn't been the only outstanding error you've seen since swapping HDD's between these two MB's?
    I am sorry but I did not understand anything you wrote.....I did not install the ASRock Motherboard it was done at a computer shop and they, the computer tech, picked the board because I did not want to go to the expense of purchasing different RAM and as this board would take the sticks of RAM I had they used it. I do not know how many different types and makes of motherboards they have in stock but this is the one they suggested. That said I have no idea what "app" was installed or what "app" was already installed and yes to date this is the only problem I have seen.

All I am asking is, after googling to find why and where this error might happen, I found it might be a motherboard problem and as I did not have this problem before this board was installed I put 2 and 2 together and came up with this board because it is new. BUT as you mentioned ASUS that was the board that failed and was replaced so if you are saying it is in all related to the old board that's all you had to say instead of confusing the issue and me further.

If it is a fault with something related to this motherboard I can fix great if not thank you for taking the time to answer.

EPU is an app that was installed when you had the HDD connected to and OS installed on the Asus board.

Now that you have an ASRock board and state that EPU is querying your new ASRock motherboard, ie: “ EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation” , you should look to uninstall anything EPU realted that shows in Uninstall Programs.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

EPU is an app that was installed when you had the HDD connected to and OS installed on the Asus board.

Now that you have an ASRock board and state that EPU is querying your new ASRock motherboard, ie: “ EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation” , you should look to uninstall anything EPU realted that shows in Uninstall Programs.
    Thank you for that I just have one more question...how do I find EPU related stuff on my computer in the uninstall list?
    You might by now realise I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing with a computer so I thank you for your understanding.

Again thank you for your help..I also posted here Whirlpool Forums and Jack from ASUS replied and said to uninstall ASUS AiSuite which I found in a folder in the program folder so clicked the uninstall and happy days it worked.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungogvolts View Post
    Again thank you for your help..I also posted here Whirlpool Forums and Jack from ASUS replied and said to uninstall ASUS AiSuite which I found in a folder in the program folder so clicked the uninstall and happy days it worked.

Thank you again.
    EPU-4 Engine EAccessViolation - Core system - Desktops - Whirlpool Forums

Good. I've used Asus boards prior but was unfamiliar with anything EPU related and how it might be uninstalled. Only that for sure it needed uninstalled now that you have an ASRock motherboard.

Thanks for coming back and posting what you discovered.

Thread Information