Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock A75 Pro4-m FANS

Default Asrock A75 Pro4-m FANS

i3-4130 w/stock cooler
    Zalman z9 case w/120mm in front and back

Bios says CPU is 41c and MB is 28c. Speedfan says that the case fan (which one i'm not sure) is running at 1290RPM which has got to be full on.

It's loud and annoying!
    I went into the BIOS to see if I could turn it down but I am confused by the settings.
    Under Hardware Monitor I see
    CPU Fan 1& 2 settings.
    Target CPU - the MINIMUM I can set this to is 45c/114f!

Same goes for Chassis Fan 1

They are set to automatic mode.

There is also a setting for Target Fan Speed. It's set to 9 which is the highest fan speed.

It seems like I should set the target fan speed to something low and then set the temperature to 90-100f but like I say above....114f is the minimum.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock A75 Pro4-m FANS

The 45C minimum temperature is common on ASRock Intel 7 series chipset boards. Frankly, that temperature setting does very little or nothing, I've experimented with it as well as others, and we could not see any difference.

The fan speed setting number is the LOWEST speed it will run at, not the maximum. Set it to 1 or 2 and check the fan's speed. It will be much quieter unless it's a very high RPM fan. You can experiment with different speed settings easier if you use ASRock's AXTU program, the FanTastic Tuning option. Choose a speed number and click apply, and either adjust for temperatures or quiet operation.

Default Re: Asrock A75 Pro4-m FANS

Thank you for the info. I set the fans to 4. MUCH more tolerable and temps are fine.

Thread Information