Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H81M-DGS boot up extremely slow when card reader connected to USB port

Default H81M-DGS boot up extremely slow when card reader connected to USB port

The motherboard boot up will become extremely slow (>5min) when the card reader is connected to USB port, and then go to UEFI (without going to Win8.1).

I changed the card reader to other USB ports, and got the same extremely slow boot up. After I removed the card reader from USB port, the Wn8.1 boot up become very fast --- around 30 sec to see my login prompt. It seem the BIOS has the problem in detecting the card reader.

I have updated to Bios ver 1.7, but still boot up the motherboard at extremely slow step (>5 min) ==> UEFI (not Win 8.1)

I use the same card reader connected to USB port of another Win 8.1 motherboard (other brand). The boot is very fast.

It wonders whether H81M-DGS BIOS ver 1.7 has problems with detecting card reader connected with USB port. This motherboard did not have problem with DVD ROM connected to USB port during booting up.
    Last edited by daniel1234; 04-10-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Thread Information