Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

Default Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

But good to hear it's running for ya now.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

pidgin is offline Junior Member

NOOOO! I might have celebrated too early. I got a new BSOD error :(

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Still my PC was stable for ~30 minutes before that happened.

What speed XMP Profile are you using right now? 2400? If it is 2400 try bumping the CPU/NB up +.05 to +.10 and retry. That'll help the IMC stabilize 2400 over it's rated 2133. Watch your temps as always!

Also, look in CPU-Z's Memory and SPD tabs to find the XMP Profiles that lists a Command Rate of 2. Try the ones that show CR2, it's not uncommon and you really don't give up much as the iGPU thrives on Mhz.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 04-18-2014 at 02:01 AM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

2400 yes.

Will bump voltages for NB

bert7 is offline Junior Member

I wonder if i could ask what all the timings are for your memory when you next jump into the UEFI please, when selecting XMP profiles.

necro-update:

It seems like what caused issues for me when choosing 2400mhz profile was my PSU. I was using 450w 80+ bronze with 7850k+270X. I realized what the issue was after installing new case fans. I noticed that one of the fans was not spinning but led's were glowing and occasionally system would restart for no apparent reason.

Anyway, I got AX860 instead (a little futureproofing for the future 4K needs too) and now all my vents are working and 2400mhz is stable simply by choosing profile 1 without bumping voltages.

Link below is a 1.83 version of BIOS that ASRock sent me to fix memory clearing issues. Also with official 1.70 BIOS version the shared memory was set to auto and it would use 78.8MB as hardware reserved but with this newer version it reserves 1GB when on auto. Should I change the value manually since I'm using a dGPU anyways?

https://mega.co.nz/#!0J003ZqL!8SAXMe...D1CR8zAyx_j7M8
    Last edited by pidgin; 05-03-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Wow!

Talk about riding the razors edge regarding a failing PSU. Good thing you caught the fans not spinning.

Monitoring voltages and you would most likely have caught that too though.

Glad to hear you finally got to the root of your problems there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information