Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase

    In Dev Mgr, did you try changing to/updating the RAID driver yet???
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    22030
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    In Dev Mgr, did you try changing to/updating the RAID driver yet???
    I assumed that at some point Win would ask me for a RAID driver. I did not think I was supposed to do through this Dev Mgr.

    I went into the BIOS and changed to RAID.
    Win booted.
    Went into Dev Mgr and tried to update the to-be RAID HDs by hitting update driver and browsing to the flash drive I put the drivers.
    Win kept telling me the drivers were already updated.

    I went to the flash drive and ran the .msi file for W764RAID. It ran but did not prompt me for anything except UAC which I allowed.
    I rebooted and it will only boot to the system recovery.

  3. #13
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPbass View Post
    I assumed that at some point Win would ask me for a RAID driver. I did not think I was supposed to do through this Dev Mgr.

    I went into the BIOS and changed to RAID.
    Win booted.
    Went into Dev Mgr and tried to update the to-be RAID HDs by hitting update driver and browsing to the flash drive I put the drivers.
    Win kept telling me the drivers were already updated.


    I went to the flash drive and ran the .msi file for W764RAID. It ran but did not prompt me for anything except UAC which I allowed.
    I rebooted and it will only boot to the system recovery.
    The RAID driver is used by your board's SATA storage controller, not the disk drives themselves. Which is why updating the HDD driver failed.

    Hopefully you have the AMD RAID driver installed now, which should appear as an entry in Storage Controller in Device Manager.

    The "Fix-It" for the iaStorV works only for Intel RAID drivers. You need to find the registry entry for the AMD RAID driver, whose name I'll need to find.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    22030
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The RAID driver is used by your board's SATA storage controller, not the disk drives themselves. Which is why updating the HDD driver failed.

    Hopefully you have the AMD RAID driver installed now, which should appear as an entry in Storage Controller in Device Manager.

    The "Fix-It" for the iaStorV works only for Intel RAID drivers. You need to find the registry entry for the AMD RAID driver, whose name I'll need to find.
    I have not changed the SATA controller to RAID. Do I change to RAID in the BIOS and then go to dev mgr and update the SATA controller there?

    If so...I can't get it to boot so I can't get into dev mgr. It I stay in AHCI it will boot, otherwise it wants to either run win normally or use system repair. 'win normal' is not booting.



    Yeah.....this is ain't happening.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Enable-RAID-o...Controllers%29

    People claim this works. It doesn't work for me. I can't get it to boot in RAID.
    Last edited by ChrisPbass; 04-22-2014 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    22030
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: A75 Pro4-M Raid setup / Secure erase

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPbass View Post
    I have not changed the SATA controller to RAID. Do I change to RAID in the BIOS and then go to dev mgr and update the SATA controller there?

    If so...I can't get it to boot so I can't get into dev mgr. It I stay in AHCI it will boot, otherwise it wants to either run win normally or use system repair. 'win normal' is not booting.



    Yeah.....this is ain't happening.
    How to Enable RAID or AHCI without Reinstalling Windows (for AMD SB85 or SB8XX Controllers)

    People claim this works. It doesn't work for me. I can't get it to boot in RAID.
    Seems like I'm just talking to myself here...but anyway. I could not boot to RAID. User error or f'd config or what...I do not know.
    I mirrored the drives using device manager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •