Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 775i65G doubts.

Default Asrock 775i65G doubts.

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for my english
    I have the Asrock 775i65G Rev. G/A 2.03 Motherboard. I't a little old, but it work!

My doubt is:
    I want to put a AGP Video Card to the motherboard, but reading the User's manual says that I don't have to put a 3.3v AGP video card because it can damage the system. Looking through the internet, I notice different models of video cards, but no one says nothing about the voltages who handle.

In my home, I have this one:
    Asrock 775i65G doubts.-dsc_0248-jpg

I try it in the motherboard, but when start, does 1 sound, stop a milisec and does 7 more sound, and dosen't boot at all. I quit the card and it's boot perfectly with the onboard video.

I don't need anything too expensive, I only want the video card for retro-gaming. If you guys can give me some models that will run in this motherboard, let me know!

Tell me if more info is needed!

Regards!

Default Re: Asrock 775i65G doubts.

Everything one could ask concerning AGP
    AGP compatibility for sticklers

Best I can discover on the 'net is this VGA card is keyed 3.3 and 1.5 volt so it should fire up using 1.5.

1+7 beeps? 1+8, that's a VGA error, HERE

Is your PSU a 300w or better?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Your English is fine.

The problem might be with the following bios setting on page 26 in your motherboard user manual:

In the bios Advanced tab:
    Init. Graphic Adapter Priority
    This allows you to select [PCI/AGP] and [AGP/PCI] as the initial graphics adapter priority. The default vaule is [PCI/AGP].

Before you install your AGP video card, go into the bios and set this option to [AGP/PCI].
    Save your bios settings, exit the bios and power off your system.
    Unplug the power supply's A.C. power cord from the wall outlet.
    Install your video card and connect the video cable to your video card.

It looks like you have one of the XFX GeForce FX5200 AGP video cards with a 4X and/or 8X rating.
    Your card should be designed for 1.5 volt operation.

For more AGP information and diagrams for the different AGP slot versions, check out:

Is this similar to your video card?
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Hi! Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Is your PSU a 300w or better?
    My PSU is 450 watts... And don't have too much consumption: Intel P4, 1 GB of RAM, an IDE hard drive, an SATA dvd recorder, and a USB WIFI adapter. I don't think it's getting low of power with this config!

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    In the bios Advanced tab:
    Init. Graphic Adapter Priority
    This allows you to select [PCI/AGP] and [AGP/PCI] as the initial graphics adapter priority. The default vaule is [PCI/AGP].

Before you install your AGP video card, go into the bios and set this option to [AGP/PCI].
    Save your bios settings, exit the bios and power off your system.
    Unplug the power supply's A.C. power cord from the wall outlet.
    Install your video card and connect the video cable to your video card.
    Already try that, dosen't work... Still doing 1+8 beeps...

When I retrieve the card from the slot, the heatsink it's hot.
    Maybe the video card is faulty, because I realize that 1 capacitor is rusty.

Or maybe the slot it's faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Is this similar to your video card?
    That's the model of my card...

With I'd have read, I'd have to buy a video card with the slot in the right corner or with both slots...

Hope it's not the slot that is faulty.

Thread Information