Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Memory Questions ASRock G31M-GS R2.0 775 chipset

Default Re: Max Memory Questions ASRock G31M-GS R2.0 775 chipset

Yes it sure is limited. Sure wish there was a expansion memory card slot that could go into it. The 2x2x2x2 would work great then & it's looking like i'm gonna have to look over seas. NewEgg but if they wanna F me for over 28.00 on a 2.68 item with express handling 1 day shipping they can go somewhere not worth saying here. I got all the ddr2 ram for 2x2 but it would be just so much nicer too put the 2x4 into it and be done & fully maxed. Or a module that ddr3 could be installed :P One could only wish & hope ah lol
    Well in a couple days I'll be ordering my 2x4 ddr2 ram @ 36.00 a stick "new". I may have to pay import costs. Dunno but in 34 days should know more. Until then I'll keep ev1 posted.
    Can't wait till this project is done then working on building a new system from ground up with "Todays" technology amd.

Quote Originally Posted by Spockton View Post
    Can't wait till this project is done then working on building a new system from ground up with "Todays" technology amd.
    hehe, man do you know where to hit parsec and profJim and make it count.

AMD. Love it!
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spockton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    hehe, man do you know where to hit parsec and profJim and make it count.

AMD. Love it!
    Puh-leeze! I imagine Spockton was referring to his vintage 2007 G31 board, relative to some new components from AMD.

Only one word was left out of that statement, the 'B' word...

Lol @ wardog & persec... well guys I do have to say that this has been one hell of a challenge. stayed up for hours on end for days for days looking for memory then installed the motherboard and everything is working except for the VGA and the USB mouse and USB keyboard. I'm almost at end wits and almost ready to throw this thing out the window of my three story balcony. I just got done working on this thing for the last 8 hours.... last time I made a build it took me 2&a half hours. I even tried going with my nv I don't know what to do how mad I just don't knowidia card 8400 so at least I could see what the hell but damn damn thing is doing nope still blank screen no not reading nothing on a flat screen monitor. so what do you guys suggest throw it over the balcony? everything boots up just fine and the fans work great I put the CD ROM in there that came with the motherboard and yeah it's just not reading the VGA and or anything USB. I can't figure it out and I've been all over everywhere looking up to see what I can find and I can't find jack squad dick

parsec is offline Senior Member

How do you know if it is booting, which to me means it loads and runs your OS, Windows in this case.

So no video from the onboard video, and from a video card, an 8400 it seems? Your stress is apparent in your post, some of it is hard to read.

Do you have the four pin CPU power cable connected, as well as the 20/24 pin standard PSU connector? You must use both.

I notice this board seems to have some type of jumper system for FSB settings? A small table is printed on the board, next to the memory slots and north bridge heat sink. Do those need to be set correctly for the memory used? Check the manual.

BTW, what memory are you using now? What PSU are you using?

I would remove the video card, clear the BIOS/CMOS, use the onboard video, and try again. If you get no video, I doubt you are booting at all. What would you be booting anyway, are you using a Windows installation from another PC?

Is the onboard GMA graphics working?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information