Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need helps! Z77 bios options missing

Exclamation Need helps! Z77 bios options missing

Hi guys. I tried to OC my i5 3570k with Asrock Z77 pro3 but failed. After clearing CMOS, some bios options missing, such as Onboard Graphic at North Bridge page, CPU OC ratios is fixed maximum at 38 and maybe more. I am trying to flash bios several times, but no luck... Please give me some helps. I would be grateful!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Need helps! Z77 bios options missing

What version of the BIOS are you trying to flash, and which method are you using to flash the BIOS?

Is this a new build, or has the PC been used for a while?

How are you doing the OC, with built in OC settings or your own?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    What version of the BIOS are you trying to flash, and which method are you using to flash the BIOS?

Is this a new build, or has the PC been used for a while?

How are you doing the OC, with built in OC settings or your own?
    It was 2.1 ver bios and I tried to flash 2.1 no luck, also back to 1.8, 1.9 even 1.0 still no luck. I used auto win flash provided by Official Asrock website and also Instant flash in bios mode as well. It was a perfect build running for a long time till I tried to OC for better game perfermance. When the first time I was doing fine with OC at 4.4Ghz by using perload bios settings, but later I've realized the temp is litter higher than I expect. So I thought maybe the voltage is way to high. After that, I tried to doing OC manually. The only different settings between them is that I set CPU offset mode with -0.05v. After restarting it, I got freeze screen when bios is loading. Therefore, I choose to clear CMOS. After that, it reboot fine but only leave this annoying problem behind.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Try removing the board's battery, and move the BIOS jumper to the clear position. Let it sit like that for an hour or so. Then put back battery and move BIOS jumper to normal position. Go into the BIOS and do the Load UEFI Defaults a few times. Save and exit, and see what you get.

And if after sitting for an hour doesn't remedy it, pull the power from the wall/psu and both the 24pin and 4/8pin power cables from the board, pull the CMOS battery, jumper to clear, leaving it like this for 24hrs.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Joe-912 is offline Member

Yes I must say I always like removing the power cable from the psu or wall outlet, as that allows you to press the computer power button to discharge all the circuits, then when you do clear cmos there shouln't be any voltage laying about, or very little ...
    Last edited by Joe-912; 04-28-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Thread Information