Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z87M Pro4 no way to disable adaptive voltage

Default ASRock Z87M Pro4 no way to disable adaptive voltage

Hi,

I just purchased the motherboard in question and I'm trying to undervolt the CPU with no success. The is no option in the BIOS to disable adaptive Vcore, however there is one for iGPU and system I/O. Bios version is 2.1 which is the newest possible. Stock Vcore seems to be 1.12V and it stays there no matter what setting I select in BIOS. Any and all help is welcome.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Z87M Pro4 no way to disable adaptive voltage

Given the Adaptive voltage setting, don't you have an Offset voltage option below it, where you can enter a negative offset value? That is how I undervolt my i5-4670K on my ASR Z87 EX 6 board.

I have tried offset and manual voltage and what have you, nothing changes vcore. A-tuning utility worked in lowering voltage, but messed up windows when voltage was too low. I would prefer to do all settings in BIOS but can't figure out why it's not working.

What are you using to check or monitor VCore? What CPU are you using?

You do know that when you change the VCore in the BIOS, that will not be applied until you save and exit the BIOS?

If you have offset and manual voltage settings, you aren't using Adaptive when either are enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    What are you using to check or monitor VCore? What CPU are you using?

You do know that when you change the VCore in the BIOS, that will not be applied until you save and exit the BIOS?

If you have offset and manual voltage settings, you aren't using Adaptive when either are enabled.
    I am using HWmonitor and CPU-Z, both are the latest versions. CPU is i3-4330. I can lower voltage to the point of instability with A-Tuning software but BIOS settings have no effect. I always save and exit to apply changes.

Edit: I downloaded the motherboard manual and according to it there should be a "CPU voltage mode" option in the BIOS which is missing. Is the motherboard broken or shipped with a bad BIOS?
    Last edited by ForteGT; 04-29-2014 at 06:01 AM.

If you have A-Tuning set to Auto-Run in Settings, and the Auto apply checked in the A-Tuning OC Tweaker screen, those settings will apply when Windows boots and override anything set in the BIOS.

You could try flashing to BIOS 2.10 again, but use the Instant Flash method, do NOT use the Windows BIOS update method, only use Instant Flash.

A-tuning is uninstalled and I flashed the BIOS but "CPU voltage mode" is still missing.

Thread Information