Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: temp readings

calemus is offline Junior Member

Default temp readings

so i have these weird wacky temp readings on my open hardware monitor and f-stream tuning utilities

when i first boot up i get good readings for about 30 minutes
    except for that one reading that wavers between 88 and 99.5 Celsius? what it THAT about???

anyhow after about 30 minuites the temps drop to 0 on both open hardware monitor and f-stream tuning utilities

as much as i'd like to say my cooling is ok, it's deffinatly NOT that good

jokes aside, any advice as to what this is about?

Default Re: temp readings

Try running either the NZXT util or HWMonitor, but not both at the same time and see if those begin to look more realistic.

I've never run the NZXT settings and monitoring util here, but on occasion running two differing monitoring programs consecutively will confuse the heck out of both running utils, and User.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ie: the onboard chip both utils query for their data gives up the ghost and goes whacky.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

OMG, you cannot run all those monitoring programs at the same time! Particularly less sophisticated ones like the NZXT software. Add to that the way AMD has implemented their latest CPU temperature sensors, which is different than in the past, and who knows what you'll get.

I have seen monitoring software included with an Intel manufactured mother board, and coded by Intel, fail miserably when I ran a second monitoring program. If Intel could not get it right, what does that tell you? In reality, there are protocols that should be followed, and if they aren't, all heck breaks loose. So one monitoring program confuses the other, and eventually the data in the sensor chip is corrupted.

Forget those other programs, use HWiNFO64: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

It is coded right and is much less likely to interfere with another monitoring program, not that you'll need one after seeing HWiNFO.

calemus is offline Junior Member

i need the NXZT to control my water cooling
    & the fstream is to control my overclocking

i'm running this up a brick wall fast

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
    portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
    When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.

When we have all of this information in your PC Specs, we can help you find a solution much faster.

Your first post was only 14 hours ago.

It sometimes take several days (or longer) to solve some problems even if some of the more knowledgeable forum members have a similar hardware/software setup.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

parsec is offline Senior Member

I've never seen a fix for multiple monitoring programs causing confused readings. That is, except using two at the same time maximum, and that is not guaranteed.

As Prof Jim said, we need information about all your PC's hardware.

This is an example of why I dislike the proprietary fan speed control that some CPU coolers use. The CPU cooler is no doubt using three pin fans, so fan speed control is included by the manufacture since three pin fan speed control via the mother board is so variable in quality. That's why I use four pin PWM speed controlled fans for the CPU cooler, and use the board's PWM fan speed control in the BIOS.

Over clocking is best done with BIOS settings. The Windows OC programs are usually poor, and good only for trying individual adjustments to see if the PC BSODs after they are done.

Thread Information