Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock X79 Extreme6 0x0D & 0xA2 Errors

Default ASRock X79 Extreme6 0x0D & 0xA2 Errors

Hi all,

I purchased an ASRock X79 Extreme6 almost two years ago and I have had no problems whatsoever with it. System has been in great working order since I finished building it.

Just today however, I purchased a new FireWire audio interface for myself. Focusrite Sapphire Pro 14.

So, I decided then okay, install drivers etc... So I shutdown the PC, to remove my friends old FireWire device, an M-Audio Audiophile.Then booted my PC again, only I have no display on my monitor (this has happened before), so I reset the PC, and it was fine then. Then I download and installed the necessary latest drivers from the Focusrite website and all seemed fine. Software installed correctly. Then I shutdown again to plug in the device itself. I inserted the Firewire cable into the back rather than the FSB. And I got a serious of never before seen errors on the debug LCDisplay. Stopping first at 0xA2 (IDE Detect).

So I proceeded to remove devices one by one to determine the error, including RAM and testing one stick at a time in all operational ports for four sticks. Then I removed all drives, including the main OS drive leaving the PC with no drives. After much plugging and unplugging I was left with the same errors. Until I plugged and unplugged the USB keyboard and now the PC is hung up on 0x64 error (CPU DXE Initialization CPU Module Specific)

Honestly, I am at a loss as to what to attempt next but getting hung on an IDE detect error when there is literally no devices attached is worring.

Has anyone come across anything like this before? I have googled and scanned forums for the better part of three hours now and I still can't see what it could be. Loosing hair at the minute over this :(

Edit: To add, my room mate told me today that she was doing some of her College work on the computer while I was away and there was an error with intel's Sata Storage utility that popped up in the system tray dialogue prompt. Furthermore, she said the computer went to a blue screen with loads of white text. That's when panic set in for me. I ask her did it say anything about memory dump and she said yes. I cannot further explain this as she is not very tech savoy and I was lucky to get that much out of her.

Mobo: AsRock X79 Extreme6 /GB
    CUP: Intel i7 3820
    PSU: Corsair HX850
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 560ti
    Ram: 4x4 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

No active overclocking since September 2013
    Last edited by KMJB; 05-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Default Re: ASRock X79 Extreme6 0x0D & 0xA2 Errors

After writing down the changes you've made in the BIOS(OC, SATA etc) try clearing the BIOS. ie: 0x64

Or Save your current BIOS as one of the User positions first, then clear.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Also, did you Uninstall the M-Audio(HW + Drivers) before removing it on the first shut down before physically removing the card?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Also, did you Uninstall the M-Audio(HW + Drivers) before removing it on the first shut down before physically removing the card?
    I installed the driver, shutdown the PC, plugged in the Firewire device to the rear I/O port. Turned on the PC and poof. I never got the chance to uninstall the drivers. I tried removing recently installed drivers/applications from the SSD on my laptop but I don't think the SSD is the source of the problem. Even though it is a consistent IDE Detect error, which is rather confusing.
    Last edited by KMJB; 05-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Let's look at this in the order you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by KMJB View Post
    So, I decided then okay, install drivers etc...
    Here, did you Uninstall the the M-Audio Hardware and Software before physically removing it and replacing it with the Focusrite?

So I shutdown the PC, to remove my friends old FireWire device, an M-Audio Audiophile.Then booted my PC again, only I have no display on my monitor (this has happened before), so I reset the PC, and it was fine then. Then I download and installed the necessary latest drivers from the Focusrite website and all seemed fine. Software installed correctly. Then I shutdown again to plug in the device itself. I inserted the Firewire cable into the back rather than the FSB. And I got a serious of never before seen errors on the debug LCDisplay. Stopping first at 0xA2 (IDE Detect).
    And I now see your edit to post # 1 of roommates experience on the now unrelated IDE error. Is there anything defined in Event Viewer on this?

Here, did you Uninstall the the M-Audio Hardware and Software before physically removing it and replacing it with the Focusrite?
    My apologies wardog, I misunderstood that question. Nope, I didn't uninstall the M-Audio drivers. I disabled the Control Panel & Mix I/O startup service in msconfig before shutting down and removing the M-Audio device. Could a Firewire conflict have caused a fatal error though?

And I now see your edit to post # 1 of roommates experience on the now unrelated IDE error. Is there anything defined in Event Viewer on this?
    The only access to the SSD is on a different system and there is nothing related to it there. I get no video output, only debug codes.
    Last edited by KMJB; 05-18-2014 at 11:00 PM.

[B]Could a Firewire conflict have caused a fatal error though?
    It could very well be be a driver and or resource error.

But so I understand the timeline, the roommate encountered the Intel related BSOD before you began this undertaking, right? Like, hours before?

And, when you put the SSD in the laptop, could the laptop maybe have been set IDE instead of AHCI as I assume the PC was/is? Have you looked at what Device Manage shows for active SATA/(IDE)controllers? Maybe able to start in Safe mode and take a look see and maybe repair too while in Safe Mode.

It could very well be be a driver and or resource error.
    Grrr, sorry. "It could very well be be a driver and or resource error." Are both the M-Audio and Focusrite drivers loaded at the same time here causing this? Yea, you said you disable two "apps' but did that also disable the M-Audio driver and or other loaded at boot.

You get to where ONLY the Focusrite softawre and drivers are present you might also consider swapping the card around to other open slots too.

Thread Information