Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asroc 990extreem4 I have a achi hard drive want to add 2 hdd in raid

Godsman247 is offline Junior Member

Angry asroc 990extreem4 I have a achi hard drive want to add 2 hdd in raid

I already have two hard drives a boot {ssd boot drive} and a terabyte achi hard drive . I want to add 2 ssd hard drives in raid strip for my boot but it is not recognized after boot up and in device manager the raid controller is not working with no driver and when I try to install new driver from internet or my PC with the drivers from asrock it says no diver found. How do I find a driver that works and make raid recognizable .

Jon Skilling is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asroc 990extreem4 I have a achi hard drive want to add 2 hdd in raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0NSCP46qM

Does this help you at all?

Follow the instructions to create the Raid array and install windows. Reboot into the bios and reorganise so that you boot from the new drive and (i presume) update the raid/ahci flag to raid. When it's working with new copy of windows, restore a backup of your windows onto the drive. FYI I haven't done this and someone else may be able to come up with a better way of doing it.
    ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | Core i5 4670K Cooled by Corsair H50 | 4x4 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill | Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 | Intel 240GB 335 SSD, 3 x 2TB & 1 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 24" LG Monitors | Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W | Yamaha Amp/Receiver | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Jon Skilling is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asroc 990extreem4 I have a achi hard drive want to add 2 hdd in raid

Here is the link to your sata raid drivers from asrocks website

ftp://europe.asrock.com/drivers/AMD/...3.1540.28).zip

This is 64 bit version from this page:

ASRock > 990FX Extreme4
    ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | Core i5 4670K Cooled by Corsair H50 | 4x4 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill | Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 | Intel 240GB 335 SSD, 3 x 2TB & 1 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 24" LG Monitors | Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W | Yamaha Amp/Receiver | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Thread Information