Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 990 FX Killer Booting problem. Athlon Motherboard.

Default Asrock 990 FX Killer Booting problem. Athlon Motherboard.

I am just installing Windows 7 64 bit on this motherboard and finding a problem it starts to install and when it prompts you to where to install operating system it says as follows.
    " The Computer hardware may not be supported booting to this disc. Ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the BIOS"

If you then removing Windows 7 Install disc and do a search for driver on the supplied ASRock Motherboard disc it cant find any suitable driver that will work.
    What to from here as Manual very poor and hard to read dark grey area with print.
    Do I have to copy ASRock disk to USB and read off this it it will work?

Default Re: Asrock 990 FX Killer Booting problem. Athlon Motherboard.

No drivers are required for SATA ports 1 thru 5 on this board for Windows installation unless you're using RAID(which you don't mention)

Is the drive you're attempting to use already formatted?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Cant find my reply to post. As did reply and could not find here so that's reason of repost.
    NOTE question asked Is the drive you're attempting to use already formatted?
    As per answer below It is New HDD and failed to boot so tried many things like formatting from another Computer. Then reinstalled.
    Sata 1 HDD Sata 3 DVD Writer Sata 2 reserved for next hard drive

Specs as follows.
    CPU AMD FX 6300 Six Core Black edition. 3.5 GHZ
    Motherboard ASRock Fatality 990 FX Killer.
    Memory G Skill Ripjaws X 8 GB DDR3 [ 2 x 4GB] 1600 MHZ PC3 12800 High
    Video Sapphire R7 250 2G DDR3 PCI-E
    HDD HDD SE5220 Seagate 2 TB 3.5 inch Desktop Solid State Hybrid Drive 8 GB NAND FLASH
    Case Corsair Carbide series Spec 2.
    Power Supply AURUM S Gold 450Watt.
    The HDD is brand new as everything else

P.S as far as I am aware I did not try raid as new not required.
    But with BIOS screen hard to read its possible it could of inadvertently got turned on.
    Sata drive on Sata 1.
    DVD Writer on Sata 3
    Tried formatting drive in another computer and reinstalled again but still same result.
    Error message.
    " The Computer hardware may not be supported booting to this disc. Ensure that the disk controller is enabled in the BIOS"
    Last edited by zamman; 05-28-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Unsure if enough details given to get response.

"But with BIOS screen hard to read its possible it could of inadvertently got turned on."

??? What that about?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks for reply.

What it means [ First post that didn't appear on this forum for some reason gave more details so gave a more detailed description of fault. And re submitting I did typo error.

You asked about following.
    "But with BIOS screen hard to read its possible it could of inadvertently got turned on."

??? What that about?

Basically typo error. As you cant turn BIOS off as always on.
    It means as screens and book dont give clear readings of each check for example page 17 and others of Software Setup Guide. With strong light I can hardly read whats in the picture on that page. Its hard to determine what does what on each page.
    What I am saying due to fact book is poor to read I could of in my attempts to get it to go turn some thing off or on in the BIOS screen.
    Haven't a chance to check again to see what could of been done.

Unlike Award BIOS screen which is easy to read and book with other make of mother board easy to read.
    Hope that explains.

Sata 1 HDD Sata 3 DVD Writer Sata 2 reserved for next hard drive

Specs as follows.
    CPU AMD FX 6300 Six Core Black edition. 3.5 GHZ
    Motherboard ASRock Fatality 990 FX Killer.
    Memory G Skill Ripjaws X 8 GB DDR3 [ 2 x 4GB] 1600 MHZ PC3 12800 High
    Video Sapphire R7 250 2G DDR3 PCI-E
    HDD HDD SE5220 Seagate 2 TB 3.5 inch Desktop Solid State Hybrid Drive 8 GB NAND FLASH
    Case Corsair Carbide series Spec 2.
    Power Supply AURUM S Gold 450Watt.
    The HDD is brand new as everything else
    Last edited by zamman; 05-28-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Honestly, I've never read from the printed manuals provided, instead going for the online pdf's instead.

ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

Those paper manuals always gave me a headache trying to read the fine print contained.

Thanks for response.
    True online PDFs are better for this Manufacturer I downloaded a Manual for this Motherboard from another site. Unsure how other Manuals are comparing these days for other Manufacturers.

Thread Information