Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock FM2+ a88x-ITX+ having issues with LAN

Default asrock FM2+ a88x-ITX+ having issues with LAN

hello yesterday i turned on my PC and it would only connect to my network over wireless which is i guess OK but when i am recording 2 tv shows with the hdhomerun OTA tuner i need LAN because the wireless isn't fast enough. i went in and tried to reload the drivers in the UEFI said it couldn't because there was no network cable, then i went to asrock support page downloaded the drivers re installed them retested same problem, switched out a new cable, and tried a different port on the router mi not getting any orange and green light on either of the ends of the cable. either router or MOBO all other ports on the router work from the TV and the tuner. MOBO is a few months old.

does anyone have any ideas of what i can check next?

thanks
    Ben

Default Re: asrock FM2+ a88x-ITX+ having issues with LAN

Guess I've never looked to see if the lights flash or not after having disabled the onboard lan in the BIOS.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information