Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me




  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Well, after i went back to 1.2 everything ran fine again. So i think i'll stay with 1.2 as long as possible. Computer is running great now after i reinstalled everything last night(all parts back in the pc case & windows 8.1 reinstall)

  2. #22
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by vleesjus88 View Post
    I've had the exact same problem with the 1.3 update for the Z97 extreme 4. Right after the update everything was fine except i had a corrupted raid 0 thanks to the update. So i was not quite happy with that. I let the pc reinstall all my steam games back to the raid0 while i was away. When i came back i rebooted the pc to make sure my cpufan was okay. and after that i got the problem of being stuck in the bootloop:

    I was getting a code 63 error. Managed to get in the bios by switching the psu off and back on again while it gave me a 63 error and then pressed the power button to boot the pc. Then flashed 1.2 back and i finally got back in windows and found the files in my system(ssd) disk to be missing. So thank you Asrock for this great update... not.
    I'm running the i7 4790k btw :)
    Thanks for posting your experience vleesjus88, although we have slightly different boards, and your problem was different, at least at first. I've noticed one thing that you, me, and lotuspro all have in common, we use Windows 8.1.

    I wouldn't think that an OS would somehow (IF it does) interfere with a BIOS/UEFI update, particularly since I use the Instant Flash method for updating the BIOS, which is done in the BIOS UI. We only have three ASR board users with Win 8.1 posting about problems with this update, so might just be a coincidence. I'm not ready to say yet that Win 8.1 is not related to this problem yet. In my case, I tried updating to 1.30 with the CSM option enabled, and it made no difference, I still had the start up on and off problem. I've tried to update to 1.30 four times now, and one attempt at 1.33, all failed.

    Your problem with your RAID 0 array is interesting, I doubt you forgot to reset your SATA mode to RAID after the update to 1.3, since it would be set to the default of AHCI after any BIOS update. I'm using RAID mode too, but I don't have any RAID arrays in this PC.

    I never checked the debug code when I had the start up problem with BIOS 1.30, I wish I did now! Code 63 is a Chipset initialization error. Please press reset or clear CMOS. It is not recommended to clear the CMOS right after a BIOS update, and I'm pretty sure I pressed Reset at some point during the start up problem.

    I could try disconnecting my OS drive and then try the 1.30 update, but I'm not thrilled about going through the recovery process yet again if it fails.

  3. #23
    lotuspro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Thanks for posting your experience vleesjus88, although we have slightly different boards, and your problem was different, at least at first. I've noticed one thing that you, me, and lotuspro all have in common, we use Windows 8.1.

    I wouldn't think that an OS would somehow (IF it does) interfere with a BIOS/UEFI update, particularly since I use the Instant Flash method for updating the BIOS, which is done in the BIOS UI. We only have three ASR board users with Win 8.1 posting about problems with this update, so might just be a coincidence. I'm not ready to say yet that Win 8.1 is not related to this problem yet. In my case, I tried updating to 1.30 with the CSM option enabled, and it made no difference, I still had the start up on and off problem. I've tried to update to 1.30 four times now, and one attempt at 1.33, all failed.

    Your problem with your RAID 0 array is interesting, I doubt you forgot to reset your SATA mode to RAID after the update to 1.3, since it would be set to the default of AHCI after any BIOS update. I'm using RAID mode too, but I don't have any RAID arrays in this PC.

    I never checked the debug code when I had the start up problem with BIOS 1.30, I wish I did now! Code 63 is a Chipset initialization error. Please press reset or clear CMOS. It is not recommended to clear the CMOS right after a BIOS update, and I'm pretty sure I pressed Reset at some point during the start up problem.

    I could try disconnecting my OS drive and then try the 1.30 update, but I'm not thrilled about going through the recovery process yet again if it fails.
    Interesting observation re Windows 8.1 Parsec.
    It would almost be worthwhile doing say a Windows 7 fresh install which may prove the issue one way or another.
    It would also be interesting to hear from other Z97 board owners who already have Windows 7 or 8 installs re their BIOS update experiences??

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    SATA mode was indeed back to AHCI, but after setting it back to raid my controller only recognised 1 disk from the array. The other one was not part of the array anymore which is quite problematic for a raid 0 setup ;-)

    Having updated from 8.1 is quite an interesting fact indeed. I downloaded the bios from the website (windows version) and ran the file. The pc rebooted, updated the bios and ran fine afterwards(except the missing raid disk) only after a second reboot i got the bootloop.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    I seem to be having to exact same issue as you, parsec. my only difference is that im running a 4790k and my board never operated normally and correctly like yours did. i just built my pc last tuesday and fired it up for the first time only for it to go into a boot-loop(which was almost exactly like you explained in your first post). it takes about 5-7 tries for me to somehow make it into the BIOS and then from the BIOS it will boot to windows every time. i checked my bios version and it was 1.2, which supposedly doesnt support Devil's Canyon properly. so, after getting it to boot somehow i went to asrocks site, downloaded 1.33 and instant flashed it onto my pc. i was so certain that it would fix all of my problems but i noticed zero change after updating, it was still looping. my BIOS said 1.33 but i still had to take a few tries to get it into the bios just like 1.2. i checked all my settings in the bios and I saw that my CPU input voltage was at 1.7 volts. i know that running your cpu at 1.7 volts is an extremely bad thing but CPUZ tells me its at 1.25 and i was told that the "input" voltage is fine at 1.7. Once i get it to the bios it'll go to windows and then its perfect, ive played about 10 rounds of battlefield 3 on it and it seemed perfect. my only problem is the boot loops and the fact that it doesnt boot to windows on the first try. Do you think its a bad mobo? a bad psu? ive checked all my connections and they seem fine, except for my 8pin cpu power(the rad is close to it so i cant really see if its completely plugged in correctly). Any help is appreciated, i just want my PC to work as soon as possible.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by BFBCIE2 View Post
    I seem to be having to exact same issue as you, parsec. my only difference is that im running a 4790k and my board never operated normally and correctly like yours did. i just built my pc last tuesday and fired it up for the first time only for it to go into a boot-loop(which was almost exactly like you explained in your first post). it takes about 5-7 tries for me to somehow make it into the BIOS and then from the BIOS it will boot to windows every time. i checked my bios version and it was 1.2, which supposedly doesnt support Devil's Canyon properly. so, after getting it to boot somehow i went to asrocks site, downloaded 1.33 and instant flashed it onto my pc. i was so certain that it would fix all of my problems but i noticed zero change after updating, it was still looping. my BIOS said 1.33 but i still had to take a few tries to get it into the bios just like 1.2. i checked all my settings in the bios and I saw that my CPU input voltage was at 1.7 volts. i know that running your cpu at 1.7 volts is an extremely bad thing but CPUZ tells me its at 1.25 and i was told that the "input" voltage is fine at 1.7. Once i get it to the bios it'll go to windows and then its perfect, ive played about 10 rounds of battlefield 3 on it and it seemed perfect. my only problem is the boot loops and the fact that it doesnt boot to windows on the first try. Do you think its a bad mobo? a bad psu? ive checked all my connections and they seem fine, except for my 8pin cpu power(the rad is close to it so i cant really see if its completely plugged in correctly). Any help is appreciated, i just want my PC to work as soon as possible.

    Ill be taking it completely apart this weekend and basically starting over to see if that will help. if it doesnt, ill most likely be RMA'ing the mobo.

  7. #27
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by BFBCIE2 View Post
    I seem to be having to exact same issue as you, parsec. my only difference is that im running a 4790k and my board never operated normally and correctly like yours did. i just built my pc last tuesday and fired it up for the first time only for it to go into a boot-loop(which was almost exactly like you explained in your first post). it takes about 5-7 tries for me to somehow make it into the BIOS and then from the BIOS it will boot to windows every time. i checked my bios version and it was 1.2, which supposedly doesnt support Devil's Canyon properly. so, after getting it to boot somehow i went to asrocks site, downloaded 1.33 and instant flashed it onto my pc. i was so certain that it would fix all of my problems but i noticed zero change after updating, it was still looping. my BIOS said 1.33 but i still had to take a few tries to get it into the bios just like 1.2. i checked all my settings in the bios and I saw that my CPU input voltage was at 1.7 volts. i know that running your cpu at 1.7 volts is an extremely bad thing but CPUZ tells me its at 1.25 and i was told that the "input" voltage is fine at 1.7. Once i get it to the bios it'll go to windows and then its perfect, ive played about 10 rounds of battlefield 3 on it and it seemed perfect. my only problem is the boot loops and the fact that it doesnt boot to windows on the first try. Do you think its a bad mobo? a bad psu? ive checked all my connections and they seem fine, except for my 8pin cpu power(the rad is close to it so i cant really see if its completely plugged in correctly). Any help is appreciated, i just want my PC to work as soon as possible.
    Thanks for posting your experience with BIOS 1.30 and 1.33. So you still get the boot loop problem every time you turn on your PC? I haven't heard that one before, but it seems some users of this board and 1.30 or 1.33 have different issues.

    ASRock states you must have at least BIOS 1.30 for a DC processor, but according to Intel all 9 series chipset boards (like a Z97) should work with Haswell Refresh processors out of the box. If DC processors are different, then how are you supposed to update to 1.30 if a DC is all you have?

    FYI, Haswell processors are different than all other Intel processors, they have voltage regulators on the CPU itself, called the FIVR (Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator). The only voltage inputs to a Haswell CPU are the CPU Input voltage, and memory voltage. So the 1.7V CPU input voltage is normal and fine, actually 1.8V is normal and can be set up to 2V.

    IMO, if you've played that amount of games, then I don't think you have a hardware problem with your build that is causing the boot loops. You should check the connection of the power switch to the board, the switch itself, and if the wires seem fine. If the eight pin connector was not connected right, you couldn't boot or load the CPU as much as you have.

    One thing to try when the PC boot loops, press the reset button on your PC case. Might seem ridiculous, but try it.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Thanks for posting your experience with BIOS 1.30 and 1.33. So you still get the boot loop problem every time you turn on your PC? I haven't heard that one before, but it seems some users of this board and 1.30 or 1.33 have different issues.

    ASRock states you must have at least BIOS 1.30 for a DC processor, but according to Intel all 9 series chipset boards (like a Z97) should work with Haswell Refresh processors out of the box. If DC processors are different, then how are you supposed to update to 1.30 if a DC is all you have?

    FYI, Haswell processors are different than all other Intel processors, they have voltage regulators on the CPU itself, called the FIVR (Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator). The only voltage inputs to a Haswell CPU are the CPU Input voltage, and memory voltage. So the 1.7V CPU input voltage is normal and fine, actually 1.8V is normal and can be set up to 2V.

    IMO, if you've played that amount of games, then I don't think you have a hardware problem with your build that is causing the boot loops. You should check the connection of the power switch to the board, the switch itself, and if the wires seem fine. If the eight pin connector was not connected right, you couldn't boot or load the CPU as much as you have.

    One thing to try when the PC boot loops, press the reset button on your PC case. Might seem ridiculous, but try it.

    Yes, the problem happens every time I press the power button on the front of my case, I've tried versions 1.2 and 1.33 with no noticeable difference.

    What connector exactly are you talking about when you say "you should check the connection of the power switch to the board, the switch itself, and if the wires seem fine"? The 24pin power? The power button from the front of the case?

    ill try hitting reset :) I appreciate your help

  9. #29
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by BFBCIE2 View Post
    Yes, the problem happens every time I press the power button on the front of my case, I've tried versions 1.2 and 1.33 with no noticeable difference.

    What connector exactly are you talking about when you say "you should check the connection of the power switch to the board, the switch itself, and if the wires seem fine"? The 24pin power? The power button from the front of the case?

    ill try hitting reset :) I appreciate your help
    I mean the power on/off switch on the PC case. Just the two wires from the switch on the case that connect to the mother board header, the plugs on those two wires, and if you can access it, the switch itself.

    So you have the boot loop problem with BIOS 1.20? There is a recent thread where the guy has the same board and CPU as you (i7-4970K) but did not say he had any problem with BIOS 1.20:

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...fter-boot.html

    He does have a problem with 1.33, but he does not have the problem that you do.

    Have you tried clearing the BIOS/CMOS? You can do that easily with the small button on the board's IO panel, above the red eSATA jack. The PC must be shutdown and the PSU must be turned off and unplugged from AC power before pressing that button. When you boot after that, you will be asked if you want to just use default BIOS settings, or go into the BIOS to change things. If you use any particular settings, you'll need to set them all up again after the BIOS clear.

    So you just built the PC, some info about your hardware might help, like what drives you use, video source, and what OS you use. How did you install the drivers for the board, from the disk in the box?

    When you first installed your OS, did you have the boot loop problem at that time too? I mean has the board done the boot loop thing since the first time you started it?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 New UEFI/BIOS Version 1.30 Not Working For Me

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I mean the power on/off switch on the PC case. Just the two wires from the switch on the case that connect to the mother board header, the plugs on those two wires, and if you can access it, the switch itself.

    So you have the boot loop problem with BIOS 1.20? There is a recent thread where the guy has the same board and CPU as you (i7-4970K) but did not say he had any problem with BIOS 1.20:

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...fter-boot.html

    He does have a problem with 1.33, but he does not have the problem that you do.

    Have you tried clearing the BIOS/CMOS? You can do that easily with the small button on the board's IO panel, above the red eSATA jack. The PC must be shutdown and the PSU must be turned off and unplugged from AC power before pressing that button. When you boot after that, you will be asked if you want to just use default BIOS settings, or go into the BIOS to change things. If you use any particular settings, you'll need to set them all up again after the BIOS clear.

    So you just built the PC, some info about your hardware might help, like what drives you use, video source, and what OS you use. How did you install the drivers for the board, from the disk in the box?

    When you first installed your OS, did you have the boot loop problem at that time too? I mean has the board done the boot loop thing since the first time you started it?
    Alright i will examine those wires and see if theyre good.

    Yes i have the bootloop problem on bios 1.2 asx well as 1.33

    I have tried clearing the CMOS, but i didnt see any improvement really. but i can try again and i probably will. would it hurt anything if you were to accidentally hit it and the psu wasnt unplugged or off?

    Yes i just built it, im using a 250gb samsung 840 evo ssd and a 1tb seagate abrracude hdd, and evga gtx 770 sc, windows 8.1. i installed the drivers from the asrock website ( ASRock > Z97 Extreme6 ) but some of them didnt want to install.

    yes the board has boot looped since the very first time i started it, i just had to manually turn it off and keep trying for it to get into the bios.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •