Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asrock Fatality FM2A88X+ Killer Networking issues.

united states of corporate global terrorism

Default Asrock Fatality FM2A88X+ Killer Networking issues.

I picked up the FM2A88x+ Killer Mobo for my new AMD a10-7850k rig last week, and have noticed that it seems to have major issues with keeping network speed and connection using either ethernet or wifi. For example, on my laptop I can get my ISP's full speed of about 40mbps, whereas on the new mobo I can only get ~13mbps at the most, and often enough my big downloads end up dying (online game installers, etc.) or just get really terrible download speeds. Comparing it to my other machine, doing the exact same tasks, the performance is abysmal.

Now, the CPU/RAM/HDD all work fine, Windows 8.1 installed and runs well, and for the most part all other programs operate fine. I installed all the latest software/drivers for this board from the Asrock site, made sure it's running the latest version of the BIOS, and still the problem persists. I've run CPU stability tests, memory tests, HDD tests, everything else I can think of, but my network speeds just plain suck.

Did I get a bad board? Any recommendations?

Default Re: Asrock Fatality FM2A88X+ Killer Networking issues.

Dying? Your wireless card is stalling?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

WTF?

I just downloaded the Windows 8.1 x64 Atheros Lan driver ver:8.1.0.22 Atheros_Lan(v1.1.42.1291).zip file from the FM2A88X+ Killer page and within it is "Ke220x_1.1.42.1291-Gigabyte_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe"

Go to https://www.qca.qualcomm.com/resources/driverdownloads/ and download the latest Qualcomm Atheros E2200 nic driver/Suite from there.

As per Qualcomms Killer FAQ, follow the below to uninstall the ASRock/Gigabyte driver and then proceed to install the one downloaded directly from Qualcomm.
    1. Download and save the latest driver version listed under the e2200/Wireless-N heading
    2. Remove your current Killer software via Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (this will kill connectivity, so please ensure the new driver has been saved to disk first)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install the new driver.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Go to https://www.qca.qualcomm.com/resources/driverdownloads/ and download the latest Qualcomm Atheros E2200 nic driver/Suite from there.
    Thanks, I'll try this. I guess I'd wrongly assumed that running software provided directly for my mobo would work. :)

Quote Originally Posted by aytch View Post
    Thanks, I'll try this. I guess I'd wrongly assumed that running software provided directly for my mobo would work. :)
    No guarantees mind you. I am having a WTF moment that ASRock would so crudely throw a Gigabyte download in there. That's just too much. Blatant as a matter of fact.

Gigabyte??? May the person at ASRock responsible for that boner be fired immediately.

May the person at ASRock responsible for that boner be fired immediately.
    Yeah... especially since the new file doesn't do the trick either. Still capping out at about 10mbps even with the Killer network optimization software turned off. Looks like this one might actually be an older version number of the driver, too. In any case, it's good to know I'm not the one going crazy.

Any other ideas? Anyone? I actually like this mobo and would hate to have to replace it over this, but my return period is coming to an end in a few days so it'd be nice to have this resolved if it is possible, but I can't live with 1/4 of the download speed when connected via Ethernet directly to the modem.

If you have anti-virus or other scanning software turn it off, not Pause or Disabled, but off and retry.

Have you changed out the cable you're using?

Yes, I've tried it with two different cables, both of which got full speed on my other machine and the same speed on this one. I'm not running any anti-virus currently.

To give a little more information, in case it helps, the upload speed seems to be going at or very near full speeds. It's the download speeds that I'm having issues with. See the attachment for the latest speedtest results (I get the same results from my ISP's speedtest utility too, so it's not just their site).

Also, the connection is being reported as fully active at 1Gbps as seen in the Killer Network Manager software overlaid in the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images Asrock Fatality FM2A88X+ Killer Networking issues.-capture-png 

parsec is offline Senior Member

WTF?

I just downloaded the Windows 8.1 x64 Atheros Lan driver ver:8.1.0.22 Atheros_Lan(v1.1.42.1291).zip file from the FM2A88X+ Killer page and within it is "Ke220x_1.1.42.1291-Gigabyte_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe"

As per Qualcomms Killer FAQ, follow the below to uninstall the ASRock/Gigabyte driver and then proceed to install the one downloaded directly from Qualcomm.
    1. Download and save the latest driver version listed under the e2200/Wireless-N heading
    2. Remove your current Killer software via Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (this will kill connectivity, so please ensure the new driver has been saved to disk first)
    3. Reboot
    4. Install the new driver.
    OMG, that is crazy! At first I thought that maybe the file you mentioned was one of several in the download package, since I know Gigabyte is known to have various "hotfix" downloads for various drivers, so I thought that file might be one of those. Not so, the only file in the dowload is the one you listed, Ke220x_1.1.42.1291-Gigabyte_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe!

Pretty strange, maybe someone forgot to rename the file I won't continue with my speculations...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information