Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help! I can't get to Sleep!

Default Help! I can't get to Sleep!

Hi Motherboard Newbie here.
    In my new computer with FM2A88M Extreme4+ and Win7 Pro Retail that I installed myself, I can find no way to effect a Sleep State.

Is this a function of the MB or Window 7? I go to the usual places in Windows like POWER/Change advanced Settings/Sleep but there is no option to make it happen there.

I did go to CMD/powercfg.exe and found no options there when I first installed W7, but since then I can't get into it anymore, just a flash of a black screen and then - gone!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Rollo

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Help! I can't get to Sleep!

When you say "effect a Sleep State", do you mean configure when Sleep happens automatically, or when you cause the PC to enter Sleep manually?

If it is automatic Sleep, start up Power Options and then click Change plan settings. There you should see Put the computer to sleep: and then you select when.

Otherwise, you should be able to click Start, hover the cursor over Shutdown, and you should then see a list which includes Sleep.

Default Re: Help! I can't get to Sleep!

Thanks Mr Parsec, but neither is an option for me at this point.

The Start Menu has Shut down, Hibernate, Log off etc, but no Sleep option there, and

the automatic Sleep response actuated by the settings in the Power Options/ "Change settings for the Plan only has an option to change the "Turn off the display timing, and

the Change Advanced Settings currently unavailable, dialog only has Hibernate as an option under (of all things) "Sleep".
    Rollo
    Last edited by RolloB; 06-02-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: forgot 3rd factor

Thread Information