Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock FM2A78M HD +

Default Asrock FM2A78M HD +

Hi All...... Just finished building my gaming pc using the asrock FM2A78M HD+ MOBO with AMD Athlon 4 750k CPU plus 8 GB Ram and the MSI Radeon 7850 2GB GPU.
    When I went to boot for the first time connected to dvi monitor cable I got nothing on the screen.Tried VGA HDMI and Dvi on the MOBO Then tried on the GPU and still Nothing. Read somewhere that I should be getting a beep from MOBO Speaker but I am getting nothing. Cables are all correctly laid out. Fans on cpu and GPU are running.
    Lights on front panel are all present. It has me baffled. Any Ideas appreciated ....

vuldin is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock FM2A78M HD +

Can you post your complete specs?

It doesn't look like your CPU has an integrated GPU, which means that you must use the discrete GPU (Radeon 7850). Make sure to plug into the MSI card (DVI-I, HDMI, 2x Mini Display Ports), turn off power completely then startup. If you get nothing, then turn off, clear CMOS, then startup.

Quote Originally Posted by vuldin View Post
    Can you post your complete specs?

It doesn't look like your CPU has an integrated GPU, which means that you must use the discrete GPU (Radeon 7850). Make sure to plug into the MSI card (DVI-I, HDMI, 2x Mini Display Ports), turn off power completely then startup. If you get nothing, then turn off, clear CMOS, then startup.

Thanks for the reply...Here are specs of build and everything I have tried.
    Specs AMD Athlon 4 750K CPU
    Asrock FM278HD+ MOBO
    2X4 GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 RAM
    CORSAIR CX 430W PSU
    MSI Radeon HD 7870 GPU
    WD BLUE 1TB HDD
    SAMSUNG DVD

So I have stripped down the components to its bare bones. MOBO CPU GPU 1 Stick Ram and powered up and still no picture or beep to indicate boot.When I remove the RAM and start up I get 3 short beeps which indicate no RAM. I have tried alternating ram slots and has no effect. I have checked to make sure RAM is compatible with MOBO and it seems it is. GPU Is seated properly and 4 pin and 24 pin connectors are in place. CPU , GPU & PSU Fans are all running. I am using all forms of video cables DVI VGA HDMI in both MOBO & GPU Ports. That fact the 3 beeps sound when there is no RAM suggests its a RAM issue but all components are brand new and compatible.I have tried on a Samsung monitor and on a HDTV Using all available video ports. I have also reset the CMOS and removed the Batery for a couple of Minuets.
    Anything else you might have to offer would be appreciated Cheers

Beg, borrow, or steal some memory from a friend to test with.

Also, stay away from hooking up the HDTV untill you have a signal flowing good into a computer monitor. EDID's and all that.

Now might be a good time to long clear your bios. Long meaning remove battery _and_ jumper to the clr position. Then restart while connected to the lowest common vga cable shared between the card and monitor.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

The Athlon 4 750K CPU does not have an integrated GPU. You need the A series.
    My HTPC -

ASRock 970 Extreme3
    AMD FX-4100 w/Coolermaster GeminII S cooler
    M Station HT-1100 HTPC Media Center case
    Antec 480 NeoPower PSU
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
    Gigabyte GV-R467ZL 4670/1GB video card
    Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB SATA hd
    Windows7 Ultimate x64 & Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (partitioned)
    Pioneer DVR-215D SATA DVD burner
    Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LN40C630

You can teach an old dog; it just takes longer.

OK So after trying 2 new sticks of compatible RAM I am still left with the same problem. But I think I may have stumbled on to the solution. After watching a couple of videos on PC Builds I noticed something that must be my problem. The GPU I have is the MSI Radeon 7870 2GB OC , Which requires 2 6 pin PCI CABLES. However my PSU Has only 1 supplied.So after reading many articles my solution is an easy fix.I must buy a 4 PIN Molex to 6 pin PCI Adapter. Wasnt sure if my PSU Would handle this fix but seems many people on forums have had success. I will be trying this as soon as I get the adapter. I will come back if this solves my problem so other people might learn from this novice mistake...... Regards

Problem Solved..... As I suspected it was the power to the graphics card. Just needed to add the other 6 pin connector using a molex 4 to 6 pci adapter
    Hope this helps others.As this is obviously a rookie mistake...... Regards

Thread Information