Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer BIOS

Default Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    And you gained what in doing so? Was something 'broken"?
    isn't there always "something" broken with new tech hardware?
    Processor AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
    Manufacturer AMD
    Speed 4.3Ghz
    Number of Cores 4
    Motherboard Name ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer
    Video Card AMD Radeon MSI R9 270 OC Edition 2GB GDDR5
    Memory 8GB
    2133mhz
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

vuldin is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer BIOS

So the motherboard and CPU arrived today, and as I mentioned I was planning on helping my family member remotely to get it installed and tested out. As it turns out he wasn't really interested in working through the details and was in a hurry to just see if it would work. He got really lucky from what it sounds like.

He was coming from a Intel-based MSI board (and old server-focused X** chipset, can't recall the exact model) with some Intel CPU and an Nvidia 500 series GPU. He bought the PC from a friend a few months ago, and it had one of those Corsair water coolers on the CPU (similar to the new Radeion 295X2) that sprung a leak which shorted out the motherboard and video card. All he did was install the ASRock motherboard and the AMD chip in place of the old components, plugged back in the hard drive and peripherals, booted up in the same Windows install as before and all is working according to him. I would have never been ok with going that route... even if it did work I would have still done a reinstall. He never even went into the BIOS, and he is using 4 2GB memory sticks which aren't even on the supported mem list.

I'm betting he runs into issues at some point, but so far he's happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information