Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    No, there is nothing newer then the BETA 2.31a. Unplug PSU then plug in again with OS off.

    I would clear CMOS, then go in and reset BIOS. Try shutdown again. If you don't have a IVY CPU it could be the problem, you updated the BIOS for IVY CPU.

    Also unplug any hardware like USB, Ex drives, make sure no programs are running which can cause a problem.

    Contact Asrock bill, tell him what CPU, BIOS version, behavior of PC.

    View Profile: ASRockRack TSD - Bill - TweakTown Forums

    This might be a PSU problem if not a BIOS problem.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    No, there is nothing newer then the BETA 2.31a. Unplug PSU then plug in again with OS off.

    I would clear CMOS, then go in and reset BIOS. Try shutdown again. If you don't have a IVY CPU it could be the problem, you updated the BIOS for IVY CPU.

    Also unplug any hardware like USB, Ex drives, make sure no programs are running which can cause a problem.

    Contact Asrock bill, tell him what CPU, BIOS version, behavior of PC.

    View Profile: ASRockRack TSD - Bill - TweakTown Forums

    This might be a PSU problem if not a BIOS problem.
    Wow, thanks so very much, ok done everything you said, I am off to talk to Bill, awesome and cheers :)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Dear inspectagame,

    Do you adjust any BIOS settings in BIOS L2.31A?
    Please refer to the following suggestions to verify this issue.
    1. Load BIOS default settings and then check if the symptom still exist.
    2. Unplug LAN cable to try.

    Thank you!
    Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear inspectagame,

    Do you adjust any BIOS settings in BIOS L2.31A?
    Please refer to the following suggestions to verify this issue.
    1. Load BIOS default settings and then check if the symptom still exist.
    2. Unplug LAN cable to try.

    Thank you!
    Hi Emily thanks a heap for getting back to me, the settings in the 2.31 bios are the same that I had in previous Bios', so nothing new apart from the additional setting or two added to the newer bios' which I have not touched.

    I will try with the Lan Cable taken out and see what happens and post back ASAP, many thanks Emily :)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    NO, the Machine does not shutdown when I hit the shutdown button, the machine is still powered on.

    Please help....arrghh!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Time to check that the cases power button isn't defective.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Time to check that the cases power button isn't defective.
    Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I literally rebuilt my PC with a brand new power supply and CPU cooler, no still the same issue guys, ok I am now at a loss apart from the updated bios, is there possibly a modified version of the 2.31A that has the 2.4 code for the Sandy Bridge at all ?

  8. #18
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by inspectagame View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I literally rebuilt my PC with a brand new power supply and CPU cooler, no still the same issue guys, ok I am now at a loss apart from the updated bios, is there possibly a modified version of the 2.31A that has the 2.4 code for the Sandy Bridge at all ?
    If your problem was simply a BIOS issue, you and everyone else with your board and BIOS version would have posted in this forum about it. We would be aware of the problem and know the fix. But all of that is not the case.

    Try starting a cmd window, with administrator privileges, and type in and run this command: shutdown /p

    That should immediately shutdown the PC. Another version of this command you can try is: shutdown /s /t 0

    As wardog said, testing the PC's case power button and connections is a good idea. With Windows running, you should be able to press and hold down the power button on the case to shutdown the PC. It will take several seconds to work, so hold down the button until the PC is off.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    If your problem was simply a BIOS issue, you and everyone else with your board and BIOS version would have posted in this forum about it. We would be aware of the problem and know the fix. But all of that is not the case.

    Try starting a cmd window, with administrator privileges, and type in and run this command: shutdown /p

    That should immediately shutdown the PC. Another version of this command you can try is: shutdown /s /t 0

    As wardog said, testing the PC's case power button and connections is a good idea. With Windows running, you should be able to press and hold down the power button on the case to shutdown the PC. It will take several seconds to work, so hold down the button until the PC is off.
    Thanks guys for replying, yes its a brand new case and the power button around around 4 secs shuts the whole machine down, the cmd options shut the OS down but not the PC, yes I do have the Sandy Bridge CPU, guys is there anything else, I pray I am not stuck with this issue as I have always been able to hard shutdown my PC :(

    And thanks to you guys for helping me thus far :)

  10. #20
    matter2003 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Bios 2.31A Wont Shut Down Completely - Help!

    I think this is an issue with ASRock boards...I have had to RMA 4 of them, with the last two restarting but no power to the monitor, mouse or keyboard...MBs should not have to be replaced every three months...never had any MB issues ever except for ASRock...all my other ones still worked when I upgraded the computer...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •