Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z97 Extreme 6 - Help finding driver for pci simple communications controller

Default Re: Z97 Extreme 6 - Help finding driver for pci simple communications controller

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Great, glad that worked. The IME software has become more and more essential for the functioning of Intel PC platforms with each new CPU and chipset generation.

Which version of IME did you use, the Windows 7 download? I just want to make sure for future reference which version worked for WHS 2011.
    There was only one version that covered the Win OS's and installed without issue. The folder of the name of the zip file it was packed in was: ME(v10.0.0.1204_1.5M).zip

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z97 Extreme 6 - Help finding driver for pci simple communications controller

Quote Originally Posted by jaketown View Post
    There was only one version that covered the Win OS's and installed without issue. The folder of the name of the zip file it was packed in was: ME(v10.0.0.1204_1.5M).zip
    That's true, but at one point there were two IME versions available for download on our board's page, the one you listed and ME(v9.1.0.1120_1.5M).zip. The ME(v9.1.0.1120_1.5M).zip file is no longer listed (as I just discovered!), but might be on the board's CD.

I'm not sure what the significance of having both of those files is/was. I used the v10.0.0.1204_1.5M version. I downloaded both a few weeks ago just before I bought this board. Just curious, probably makes no difference which one is used. The dates of the files within the zip file are only about a month apart.

Z97 Extreme 6 - Help finding driver for pci simple communications controller-ime-version-9-1-png

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    That's true, but at one point there were two IME versions available for download on our board's page, the one you listed and ME(v9.1.0.1120_1.5M).zip. The ME(v9.1.0.1120_1.5M).zip file is no longer listed (as I just discovered!), but might be on the board's CD.

I'm not sure what the significance of having both of those files is/was. I used the v10.0.0.1204_1.5M version. I downloaded both a few weeks ago just before I bought this board. Just curious, probably makes no difference which one is used. The dates of the files within the zip file are only about a month apart.

Z97 Extreme 6 - Help finding driver for pci simple communications controller-ime-version-9-1-png
    Yea, I also used the 10.0.0.1204 version because in the 1st reply to my question, vuldin listed the 10.0.0.1204 version. I usually figure if they no longer make a version available there was a bug fix or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information