Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock M/B H81M-DGS R2.0 does not boot: old bios?

Unhappy ASRock M/B H81M-DGS R2.0 does not boot: old bios?

Hello.
    I have just bought a H81M-DGS R2.0 with a Pentium G3440 because on ASRock website they write this CPU is supported since Bios P1.20
    ASRock > H81M-DGS R2.0

I have assembled the system and it does not boot: no beep, no screen, just fans running. Then I realized on the bios chip sticker it is reported "P1.00" so I guess it is just that they shipped me a M/B with an older bios not supporting yet the CPU, although bios P1.20 was released last December
    ASRock > H81M-DGS R2.0 R2.0

Real problem is, as the system does not POST I cannot enter the bios to update, neither me or a friend of mine have a supported CPU to enter and upgrade.
    I do not want to blame ASRock because errors may also happen, but what could I do now? Is it worth to contact them for support? Can I return them the M/B for repair or maybe could they send me an updated bios chip that I can install?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: ASRock M/B H81M-DGS R2.0 does not boot: old bios?

Contact ASRock Tech Support using THIS link. Explain to them your situation and they may, may, ship you a BIOS chip with the latest revision already flashed. Otherwise they charge a small minimal fee for this service.

Your distributor sold you the board with the old BIOS, not ASRock. Blaming ASRock for the supply chain from factory to you isn't productive so I'd temper my words with their Tech's. Being nice gets one further than being angry.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks wardog.
    You're right ASRock itself has no fault, my mistake, and probably the M/B has been sitting in a warehouse for long. Maybe I have my own share of fault for having chosen the latest CPU.
    I had already reported yesterday to that link, no answer yet but of course it may take some time.

No other suggestions to come out from this situation without buying a new M/B or CPU?

No one really shares in it. It's just how thing work in some situations.

I'd hold off till you hear back from ASRock.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information