Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock H87 Pro4 Lan Problem

Default ASRock H87 Pro4 Lan Problem

Hello,

My ASROCK H87 Pro4 has a problem. I installed all drivers on the CD but my internet connection get lost random. So, i'm on the internet and than there is this red cross in my taskbar but after 5 seconds my internet is online again. this is random. sometimes i get a dc every 5 minutes and sometimes the connection is stable for about 5 hours. It can't be the router or sth like that, because with my old computer i had never such problems.

This driver is installed: 12.11.96.1
    this is the driver from the asrock website for this board. I tried also some for the Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V but they also don't work properly.
    I also tried another Lan cable.

the computer is brand new. are there any settings in the bios which i have to turn on or off?

System:
    Prozessor: Intel Xeon 1230 v3 @3,30 Ghz
    Prozessorcooler: CoolerMaster Hyper T4
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 Intel H87
    Ram: 8 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600
    Grafik: 2GB Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 iChill
    SSD: 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Power: 500 Watt be quiet! Non-modular

sry for bad english but in the german asrock support forum are no members.....

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock H87 Pro4 Lan Problem

Do you have the XFast LAN software installed? If you installed everything from the disk, you probably do.

Your board does not require the XFast LAN software, try uninstalling it and see if that helps. It can cause problems for some users.

If the network connection works most of the time, your BIOS settings should not be a problem. There are only a few network related settings that your board might have, check your manual for those.

You can check the Windows Event Log that may have information about the problem, as well as other Windows logs.
    Last edited by parsec; 06-13-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Default Re: ASRock H87 Pro4 Lan Problem

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Do you have the XFast LAN software installed? If you installed everything from the disk, you probably do.

Your board does not require the XFast LAN software, try uninstalling it and see if that helps. I can cause problems for some users.

If the network connection works most of the time, your BIOS settings should not be a problem. There are only a few network related settings that your board might have, check your manual for those.

You can check the Windows Event Log that may have information about the problem, as well as other Windows logs.

Thank you for your response!

Well, I lied to you. I didn't installed all the drivers from the CD. I only installed Fast USB 3.0, the LAN Driver and the Sound Driver. I dont want so many junk on my computer. So the XFast LAN software can't be the key to fix my problem.
    In the manual for my motherboard are no network related settings. It's just how to connect the fans and everything. There is just this little table about the LEDs on my LAN port.
    [spoiler]
    http://i.imgur.com/8EDhTDB.jpg
    [/spoiler]
    The Activity LED is Blinking and the Speed LED is orange. I don't know what that means.

I found the Windows logs, but they are a bit overwhelming. Are there any things I have to look exactly for?

Thread Information