Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 motherboard only work if I remove CMOS battery

Default The Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 motherboard only work if I remove CMOS battery

Hello, the Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 motherboard is working nice and properly as long as I don't pull and disconnect the main power cable from the wall, if I disconnect the main power cable from the wall (and later reconnect or plug in again such main cable to the wall) the computer don't turn on anymore and looks dead and I only will be able to turn on again the PC if I remove for a few seconds the CMOS battery and reinstall again the CMOS battery, can you tell me please how to fix this problem?, thank you

»Product Information
    Product Type:
    Problem Type:
    Others
    Model Name:
    H81M-DGS R2.0
    BIOS Version:
    P1.00-1B
    Purchase Date:
    2014/01/09
    Serial Number:
    3BM0XE047905
    »Configuration
    CPU:
    Intel Core i3-4130 S1150 3.40GHz 3MB
    Memory:
    crucial 4Gb DDR3 1600UDIMM 1.5V
    Video Card:
    onboard,Onboard
    HDD:
    HITACHI 500Gb ,SATA
    CD-ROM:
    ASUS,SATA
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Other Devices:
    (PSU) PC power & cooling Silencer 910W
    »Subject
    Last edited by tonschk; 06-18-2014 at 04:13 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: The Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 motherboard only work if I remove CMOS battery

If you have not replaced the CMOS battery, try that to fix your problem.

Otherwise, I would try changing to the 1.20 BIOS available for your board.

Default Re: The Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 motherboard only work if I remove CMOS battery

Also, to add what parcsec suggests, is that the CMOS battery is placed in the correct orientation in its holder.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Also, to add what parcsec suggests, is that the CMOS battery is placed in the correct orientation in its holder.
    I don't know what that would do, putting the battery in with + to -, did you ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    ...........putting the battery in with + to -, did you ever do that?
    I've done some whack **** in the wee hours on caffeine and with toothpicks holding my eyes open, but never that.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hello, thank you for the help, I installed another brand new CMOS battery and the problem is identical with the brand new CMOS battery, I am looking now for the procedure (steps) to update to the latest 1.20 BIOS, I hope the Asrock website explain how update the BIOS, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    If you have not replaced the CMOS battery, try that to fix your problem.

Otherwise, I would try changing to the 1.20 BIOS available for your board.

Hi, thank you for the help, I think is impossible to install up-side down the CMOS battery

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post

Joe-912 is offline Member

I tried putting battery upside down and it goes in no problem, it just shorts out the + & - connections, I done it on an old board of coarse
    tried to upload picture but yes Image upload broken...
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Hi there, may be but all the motherboards have a standard position for the CMOS battery with the positive side facing to the outside, and I install the COMS battery always the same standard orientation

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-912 View Post
    I tried putting battery upside down and it goes in no problem, it just shorts out the + & - connections, I done it on an old board of coarse
    tried to upload picture but yes Image upload broken...

Joe-912 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
    Hi there, may be but all the motherboards have a standard position for the CMOS battery with the positive side facing to the outside, and I install the COMS battery always the same standard orientation
    Yes I'm sure most people would do it the correct way , just trying to prove it was possible to to insert it the wrong way...
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information