Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mobo, will not boot

Angry New Mobo, will not boot

Just got a new ASRock Q87WS-DL with i3-4150. Installed 2 sticks of 2GB DDR3 10600 to start, amazon had my memory order wrong (4x4GB Crucial ECC).

After painstakingly cleaning a case I was reusing, and installing the board with wrist strap, ever so carefully, i can't get it to boot.

Only think that is plugged in in CPU, ram (have tried 1 stick, 2 sticks, different match slots). CPU Fan, power switch.

Have tried to short CMOS, tried different battery, tried different PS, tried 4 and 8 pin ATX Plugs.

Same result always:

CPU Fan will twitch twice, then go full speed for a second then slowly wind down, and board will eventually turn off.

Green light comes up when power is applied to board.

Tried adding a PCIE video card, it's fan turns on, but still no video, no beeps, no post, no nothing.

Since both cpu and board are new, not sure what to do.. any ideas before I exchange them both?

Thanks,

Marc

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: New Mobo, will not boot

For your cpu you would need latest bios of 2.30, can you see a sticker on the bios chip with version?
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Hmm.. I think it is under 2.3, I assume this is the BIOS?

New Mobo, will not boot-photo-jpg

What are my options?

Yes that's the origanal bios according to your download page, my first thought would be your have to buy a compatible cheaper Celeron just to flash to latest bios, Or get Asrock to send you an updated bios chip assuming it is removable, but wait until wardog or parsec come on to guide you better..
    Last edited by Joe-912; 07-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Odds are, assuming nothing else physically stopping it from booting, you'll need to contact ASRock Tech Support HERE and request an updated BIOS chip. Or as Joe suggests, buy a proc that is compatible with 1.20 to upflash with first.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Also, if you have a computershop near youre home, you could maybe ask them nicely if you can have them (or youre self) to just borrow a "normal" Haswell cpu,NOT a "Haswell Refresh" so you can update youre bios to 2.30.
    Will save you some hassle and emails. Bring youre mobo down to them, it might go just fine you know :)

goodmorni at all, i have the same issues i have buyed a new q87ws-dl with 1.20 bios and it not start, it powerup but nothing.

i have tried with a intel i7-4790 and celeron g1840 and nothing.

can you help me how make it you, you have resolved the problem?

tnx Enzo.

Both those CPUs require Bios 2.30 if your board has an earlier Bios your need to contact Asrock support here as stated above ASRock > Support Request Form or buy a cheap compatible Celeron cpu to flash to latest Bios , link to your cpu MB list ASRock Rack > Q87WS-DL
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-912 View Post
    Both those CPUs require Bios 2.30 if your board has an earlier Bios your need to contact Asrock support here as stated above ASRock > Support Request Form or buy a cheap compatible Celeron cpu to flash to latest Bios , link to your cpu MB list ASRock Rack > Q87WS-DL
    Good luck

oooo mmmyyyy gooodd!

i have purchased an cpi intel celeron g1820 it started i have upgraded the bios to 2.30
    but my intel i7-4790 not function, not start the mb....another idea!!!????

damn, bye

Did you leave the usb stick in after system rebooted after bios flash so the System can Update ME version. Can you even enter Bios with the 4790 installed?, or try clear cmos via jumper on motherboard with system power cord removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information