Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.2 Ultra/M.2 vs PCIe M.2

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: M.2 Ultra/M.2 vs PCIe M.2

Quote Originally Posted by BiTs View Post
    Thank You for clearing the ultra up for me. Your right the Crucial M.2 won't work in my ultra slot so I had to put it in the other M.2 slot, I guess you could say the regular M.2 slot. The 32gb/s I talked about came off of ASRock's web site.

This is for lotuspro. Where did you get your 941? Did it come with your computer, because you can't find it anywhere. I did find it at places I never heard of before.
    I actually did not say it would not work in the Ultra M.2 slot, I just meant your Crucial M.2 SSD only uses two (x2) PCIe lanes, it can't connect to all four (x4) PCIe lanes in the Ultra M.2 slot. The Plextor M6e is the same, it only uses two PCIe lanes.

I'm a bit surprised that SSD did not work in the Ultra M.2 slot. Do you mean it was not recognized in the BIOS or Windows?

About the XP941, a retailer in Australia (where lotuspro is from) managed to get them from Samsung, and that is the only retail source for them I am aware of at this time.

lotuspro is offline Junior Member

Default Re: M.2 Ultra/M.2 vs PCIe M.2

Quote Originally Posted by BiTs View Post
    Thank You for clearing the ultra up for me. Your right the Crucial M.2 won't work in my ultra slot so I had to put it in the other M.2 slot, I guess you could say the regular M.2 slot. The 32gb/s I talked about came off of ASRock's web site.

This is for lotuspro. Where did you get your 941? Did it come with your computer, because you can't find it anywhere. I did find it at places I never heard of before.
    Hi BiTs,
    I got my 128Gb XP941 from these people:

Solid State Drives from Samsung, Intel, Crucial, OCZ and Kingston

I note that they are no longer listing the 128Gb and that the 256Gb and 512Gb are both on back order.
    I bought mine a day or two after the release of Intel's Z97 chip set and put it into the Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Ultra M2 slot where it has worked perfectly.
    I found the people at Ram City to be extremely helpful and processing of my order was quick and efficient. I live in Adelaide, Australia and Ram City are in Sydney, about 800 miles away. They phoned me before despatch, to make sure i had a board that the XP941 would work in.
    I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information