Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM2A88X-ITX: WLAN Issue

Default Re: FM2A88X-ITX: WLAN Issue

I'll double check to see if something is running in the back ground, but if the app was uploading without my knowledge it wouldn't impact the download bandwidth; I would be seeing a decrease in my upload speed. I'll take a look and see what is running.

But I still believe that its a bad driver because I started using the LAN and it worked for a day or two then it too started had a sudden decrease in download bandwidth. So this tells me that the azurewave software that asrock provides doesn't work well with win8.1. Because the WLAN is a separate card in the mini pci and the LAN is on the motherboard, so it being a hardware problem is very unlikely.

So I went out to asus website and grabbed another version of the software, but not the latest version(tried that one, had same issue) which appears to be working well for now. I will report back tomorrow with the version number and whether or not it still holding up.

Thanks for your help BTW

I have the same problem but I dont have bitorrent. i think that the problem is in the drivers. if you desinstall, in the next reboot that problem disapear. In the next reboot the problem is the same....

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Palacio Laita View Post
    I have the same problem but I dont have bitorrent. i think that the problem is in the drivers. if you desinstall, in the next reboot that problem disapear. In the next reboot the problem is the same....
    Hi. The problem isin AMD Quick Stream!!! disable this!!!

Hey Thanks Sergio,

Could you tell how you went about disabling amd stream? Im not in front of my computer right now so I thought I would ask so I would be able to find it a bit quicker.

Also I found that I was having a driver conflict, so what I did was just un-installed azurewave and its drivers. then went into device manager clicked check for hardware changes. The computer then installed its own drivers for the wireless and then everything has been running full speed.

I did check the bandwidth yesterday and it did drop but it only had gone from 35mb/s to 19mb/s, so I think i will investigate this amd stream.

Thanks again guys for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Palacio Laita View Post
    Hi. The problem isin AMD Quick Stream!!! disable this!!!
    AMD quick Stream is a tecnology that aply priory a video stream in internet access. If you run the program, uncheck the two the two options. It is easy. ( I have 200mg of conection. When Amd Quick stream is active, only have 4 Mb.) Try this.

Thumbs up Re: FM2A88X-ITX: WLAN Issue

Hey guys

Just an update, have been running with a solid connections for a few weeks now. Disabling AMD stream helped but I also uninstalled all drivers then allowed windows to install its own drivers. Now everything is working very well. I believe what was happening is there was a driver conflict with azurewave but once that is uninstalled bandwidth has remained constant 30dl 2ul.

Thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information