Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z97 Pro4 Chasis Fan Control does not working when 2 Fans are connected.

Default Z97 Pro4 Chasis Fan Control does not working when 2 Fans are connected.

Hi gyus,

Please can you give me some advice.
    Speed control does not work for me on Z97 Pro4 on ChaFan1, always works on it's MAX on any settings.

The same FAN connected to Chasis Fan 2 works well, speed change in BIOS changing custom and predefined mode, speed changing from 500-900 RPM on my scytche 12 cm FAN.
    Do you think is this reason for RMA?
    Mainboard is new - strange if that would be damage.
    Last edited by johnnyasrok; 07-23-2014 at 04:50 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z97 Pro4 Chasis Fan Control does not working when 2 Fans are connected.

There is nothing wrong with your Z97 Pro4 board, no reason for an RMA.

I assume your 12CM Scythe fan has a three pin/three wire connection?

Your board's Chassis Fan 1 (CHA_FAN1) connector is a four pin PWM type fan connector, and will only control the fan speed of four pin/four wire PWM fans. Your board's manual shows that the CHA_FAN1 connector is a four pin PWM fan connector.

If you connect a three pin/three wire fan to a four pin PWM fan connector on your board, it will run at full speed, that is normal. Changing the speed control on the CHA_FAN1 connector will not control the speed of a three pin/three wire fan.

You can connect a four pin/four wire PWM fan to a three pin fan connector on a mother board, and it will control the speed of that fan.

The only type of fans that can be controlled on four pin PWM fan connectors are four pin/four wire PWM fans.

Thread Information