Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 99 code

fuzzy14 is offline Junior Member

Default 99 code

I am doing a new build and get 99 code on my Z97 Extreme 4. I tried removing GTX780, reinstalling and bios reset. I tried moving card to another PCIE slot and bios reset, but still get 99. One time, I got a B4. I tried a GTX560ti video card and had same 99 code. I also tried the 560 in a different slow and sitll get 99 code. I plugged in the two power connectors the 560 and get red lights on it, which indicates it is getting power. Also, both 780 fans were spinning and 560 as well.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: 99 code

Why do you think your problem is related to your video cards? Did you try the on-CPU graphics? If you still get a 99 code, that indicates it's not a video card issue.

Code 99 is Super IO Initialization. Code B4 is USB Hot Plug. Neither of those are related to video card issues.

What USB devices do you have connected to your board?

What BIOS version came with the board? The version is printed on a sticker that is on one of the BIOS chips. They are just below the SATA ports.

fuzzy14 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 99 code

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Why do you think your problem is related to your video cards? Did you try the on-CPU graphics? If you still get a 99 code, that indicates it's not a video card issue.

Code 99 is Super IO Initialization. Code B4 is USB Hot Plug. Neither of those are related to video card issues.

What USB devices do you have connected to your board?

What BIOS version came with the board? The version is printed on a sticker that is on one of the BIOS chips. They are just below the SATA ports.
    I did quite a bit of searching yesterday and came across a thread, which I was not able to find in second, third, fourth, fifth and n.. searches that talked about USB problems, which helped me.

I unplugged almost everything and got a wired usb keyboard (was using / trying a wireless usb). Then, things started working much better. Of course my monitor was set to HDMI, which should of been set to VGA.

BIOS is version 1.20.

Thread Information