Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to run Crucial 1866mhz RAM at their rated speed in Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ MB

Default Unable to run Crucial 1866mhz RAM at their rated speed in Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ MB

Using Win 7 64bit, MB BIOS P2.40(latest), Crucial 2 x 4GB RAM (part number BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0), AMD A10-7800 APU. The RAMs rated timings are 9-9-9-27 1.5v
    EDIT: Forgot to say I could not find my RAM on the Crucial website, but an 8GB stick instead of my 4GB stick has identical timings and looks and is compatible with the MB according to Crucial. If a link is permissible:
    http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/fm2a88x-itx-/CT4997271

Currently running the RAM at 1600mhz from changing just DRAM frequency setting in BIOS and nothing else.

When I chose 1866mhz freq. and pressed save/exit the fan+PSU fan starts up again, but no light in numlock button on keyboard nor any connection with the TV connected via HDMI.
    That is the exact same reaction when I:
    - load XMP 1.3 setting profile 1(detects the RAM timings accurately)
    - change RAM timings manually(9-9-9-27 - 9-9-9-27-tRC 47-CR 2T - manually changing to exact full XMP profile timings.
    - Have changed RAM voltage from 1.5v to 1.505+1.510(tried higher once) on various settings. Changed NB voltage twice to see.
    - Tried using using stick 1 in slot A then slot B while trying above. Then tried stick 2 in slot A then slot B while trying above.

Most tutorials, help videos/posts threads I have found says to "apply settings," especially when loading XMP profile. But there is no apply button. Just a "Save settings and exit BIOS" option.

Also, can jumper setting influence RAM speeds? Have the metal thingie set in default position and just cleared CMOS after each failed boot. What would happen if I removed the jumper from the MB.

The 4 main options under OCTweaker is:
    Load XMP setting - DRAM frequency - DRAM Timing control - DRAM voltage.

If I am missing any hardware information I have put them in my profile.

Thank you for reading the entire thing. Tried to be detailed but it probably just ended up being messy. Please help.

Sincerely

- VN
    Last edited by VisibleNinja; 08-31-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Default Re: Unable to run Crucial 1866mhz RAM at their rated speed in Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ MB

Do not remove the jumper. The Default pins is where it belongs.

All Crucial kits have their "kit' part number printed on the clamshell. What is the kit number you're using?

To the right of "Dram Frequency" , do the sticks XMP Profile show up? This, and Save andd Exit are all that are req'd.

Can you post two CPU-z screen shots of the SPD tab? One pic for each of the sticks you have.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: Unable to run Crucial 1866mhz RAM at their rated speed in Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ MB

Duh, me bad.

Also, do the sticks run 1866 when installed individually, not paired up?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Jeebus, me bad twice now.

Have you lowered/changed the TDP in the BIOS?

Thank you for the replies.

I have unfortunately thrown the plastic clamshell the 2 RAM sticks arrived in. But I took a stick out and there are 2 numbers on it that is: BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0.16FMR and BG112KZ.4M

The DRAM frequency never changes from 1333mhz under auto setting when the XMP profile 1 gets loaded. The XMP numbers show the accurate rated specifications. But the DRAM frequency tab never budges of it's own volition.

Am not able to run any of the sticks at 1866mhz whether solo or duo.

The APU, Northbridge, Southbridge et al are all running at default speeds currently.

Unable to run Crucial 1866mhz RAM at their rated speed in Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ MB-cpu-trio1-png

Well, in just looking at the Crucial US web page for your 4gb sticks, HERE, it states it is not compatible with your motherboard. Go to the link then use the "Check if this part is compatible" box on the left side to select your MB.

You might hit a friend up with some mem laying around to test with.

Damn, you are right. Sorry to have wasted your time :/ Will go look for something else. Appreciate the advice.

Meh, you didn't waste my time. Rather, yours.

Every day I spend here reading and typing is a learning experience. Thank you.

Did changing that Crucial out make a difference? Running now?

Hi man,
    Looked at Asrocks compatability list and saw the only 8GB sticks running at 2133mhz was A-data RAM.
    By a crazy coincidence(A-Data has a very low presence in Denmark), they were on sale at a retailer(at a cheaper price than competing RAM too), so I grabbed them and just followed your instructions on how to enable 2133mhz speed in BIOS and worked like a charm :)

Writing this on the beast with the 2133mhz!

It's just a bit silly there is so little compatability on RAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information