Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: asrock b75m-dgs Problem .

Default asrock b75m-dgs Problem .

Hello guys i am new here , hope i don't bring up this problem again ...i searched on the internet but couldn't find much ...so here is the thing : I recently bought this motherboard >asrock b75m-dgs< with an Intel i3-3220 Ghz , and 8 gb of ram DDR3, i decided to use my old graphic card and Hdd, and here start's the problem . My old graphic card is Geforce Nvidia 9500 gt 1gb ddr2 the problem is when i connect it on motherboard i get a black screen , i can hear the sound of windows loading but i can;t do anything .
    When i first saw that there was no display , i unplugged the graphic card , connected the onboard graphic card , wich work's fine , and reinstaled windows ( windows 7 64x) , but again after i reinstaled it , i connected the geforce and problems start..., i mean it work's the fan is working on graphic card , i can hear windows loading , but i don't get it why my screen is black , I have a Philips monitor... oh yes and i tried taking out RAM memory change places ...nothing .....and i can't get in bios eather when the video card is connected .

So here i am asking for some help .

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: asrock b75m-dgs Problem .

asrock b75m-dgs Problem .-primary-pci-jpg
    Boot into bios from onboard Graphics first, and check these settings...
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

i did as you said , save&exit and again black screen , after a few second i can hear windows loading ..and i know it work's cuz i shut it down using ctrl+esp than right arow and shut down ...i forgot to say that the video card is like 4 yesr old ...maybe this is the problem ? and from what i have read...has this something to do with bios ? like a bios update ?

still can't find the problem :(

Quote Originally Posted by oneDenzeL View Post

i did as you said , save&exit and again black screen , after a few second i can hear windows loading ..and i know it work's cuz i shut it down using ctrl+esp than right arow and shut down ...i forgot to say that the video card is like 4 yesr old ...maybe this is the problem ? and from what i have read...has this something to do with bios ? like a bios update ?

still can't find the problem :(
    Do you know what bios version your MB is using?
    on your download page here ASRock > B75M-DGS

There are 5 versions and version 1.20 has this
    Bios 1.20
    1. Support UEFI PXE boot.
    2. Improve monitor compatibility.
    3. Update CPU code.
    4. Improve discrete VGA card vBIOS compatibility.
    5. Auto detects PCIE link speed.
    You could try updating bios if your on old version but read how to update bios first from same link
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

i have done the update , but still the same problem ...windows loading , i can hear that , and screen not working ... don't know what to do anymore.

i have done the update , but still the same problem ...windows loading , i can hear that , and screen not working ... don't know what to do anymore.
    Hi Try setting the Link speed to Gen 2, it's the setting in the screenshot I posted under Primary Graphics Adapter, other than that I can't think of anything else, could the card be faulty? perhaps
    joe

i have try that ...but no result , first time i put Gen2 didn't work , and Gen 1 , thinking maybe something would happen , but nothing , again windows loads , but screen is like not conected , and graphic card work's for sure if fan is working and windows is loading ...but for some reason i can't get the image like i get it with the onboard video card .... and i've tested video card on old pc it worked ...

Starting to give up ...thx for the help guys , and if anyone still has any idea i would appreciate very much to share it .

i have try that ...but no result , first time i put Gen2 didn't work , and Gen 1 , thinking maybe something would happen , but nothing , again windows loads , but screen is like not conected , and graphic card work's for sure if fan is working and windows is loading ...but for some reason i can't get the image like i get it with the onboard video card .... and i've tested video card on old pc it worked ...

Starting to give up ...thx for the help guys , and if anyone still has any idea i would appreciate very much to share it .
    I take it you installed the latest vga driver for your motherboard, ?

yes , this one from here : ASRock > B75M-DGS , what i haven't tried is to manually install the driver of my geforce video card , and after to connect it to pc ...don't know , maybe will work ...

yes , this one from here : ASRock > B75M-DGS , what i haven't tried is to manually install the driver of my geforce video card , and after to connect it to pc ...don't know , maybe will work ...
    Yes that's worth a shot hey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information