Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: LAN problems after power outage

Default LAN problems after power outage

My power cut out last night while i was sleeping. I woke up turned my computer on and went to use it i noticed the internet is terribly slow. I am getting 2mbps on speedtest.net when i usually get 80mbps. I reinstalled the LAN drivers, tried different versions, tried different port on the router and nothing is helping. The other computers on the network are still getting full speed just this one isnt. I have an asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard. I tried a USB wifi adapter just to see if something got corrupted with my windows installation and even it is getting 35mbps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: LAN problems after power outage

Not a good sign and the USB adapter seems to confirm it. Though I don't recall one suffering from lower speeds. Usually they just go "blink' and that's it, kablooey.

On the off chance something is weird there have you connected this one to one of the switches other known good ports that another box is connected and "full' speed'?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Yeah i tried about everything im just gonna order a new one.

parsec is offline Senior Member

You could just get a PCI or PCIe network card, they are cheap even for 1 Gigabit cards.

I like Intel NIC cards, a little more pricey but the most plug and play device you'll ever use. I have several that I got cheap, and actually use two on my ASRock Z77 EX 4 boards, in a team.

Hopefully nothing else got zapped on your board besides the Broadcom network chip.

Was actually able to get it going again and it seems to be working ok aside from the fact i can't create a network bridge for some odd reason. Says "An unexpected error occurred while configuring the Network Bridge" when i try to bridge my LAN card and a Tap Adapter. Im on windows 8.1, i tried reinstalling both and it just keeps saying this. I originally had the two bridged perfectly fine before this power outage caused this mess.

Thread Information