Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer freezing

Unhappy Computer freezing

Hello everyone, first I would like to explain my issue the most accurate as I can, soo excuse me if i'm missing any information.

So, not even 1 month ago I bought a new video card, case and motherboard, when I receieved everything I built my PC, once that was done installed windows, I installed everything on my SSD then my computer started freezing, forcing me to press down the power button in order to restart my system, then the more my system was crashing I though my SSD could have been the issue, because before the format, I was using my 1TB drive as a main drive and everything was running fine, Soo I formated again, installed all my drivers, then the freezes came back.

I didn't know what was happening and started freaking out "is my gpu broken? is my motherboard faulty?" I didn't know what to think, Soo I switched my 770 for my old gpu, a 650 Ti, everything went fine for almost a day without a single freeze
    then out of nowhere, my pc freeze, Soo I said, ok then its not my GPU, I installed back my 770 but this time used a different drivers, still froze. soo now i'm wondering what to do, I did a memtest and a prime95 test, all went fine without any errors.

soo the freezes kept coming, then I heard that my power supply could have been the issue (my old one a 725w cooler master) soo I bought a new power supply and fresh rams, formated again, with new parts, everything went fine for almost 2 days, then just tonight I crashed I think over 15 times in not even 1 hour, I don't know what to try anymore to be honest, i'm hopping to find help here

Thing's I tried
    did memtest of 10hours
    did a prime95 test
    tried different GPU's
    tried different nvidia drivers
    bought new PSU
    bought new ram
    formated 3 times
    Updated my bios
    disabling C State Support, CPU C6 State support, CPU C3 State support and Enhance Halt State (C1E).
    and at the very last, changing the voltage of my CPU to 1.190v

also the freezes seems to be happening mostly when i'm gaming, I watched animes for about half a day and no freezes, almost only when i'm gaming.

SPEC's

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card
    Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

EDIT #1: Its the only thing I can find in event viewers, the only error that happaned 40 min before the the freeze occured
    HTML Code:
    Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
    Last edited by Nico1533; 09-21-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Default Re: Computer freezing

Read and consider the below off-site thread and determine if it's applicable to your situation there.

WMI Event ID 10 "//./root/CIMV2 Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Read and consider the below off-site thread and determine if it's applicable to your situation there.

WMI Event ID 10 "//./root/CIMV2 Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
    No sadly, I don't think the error is relied to my problem, thank you for the link though.
    Last edited by Nico1533; 09-21-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Check that the BIOS is properly setting up your memory timings and voltage. My experiences with ASRock boards have set the voltages whacked a few times. Some under and some over.

And I suggest you download and use the Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh (SP1-U) Digital River ISO downloads and retry.

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads | Page 2 | Windows 7 Forums
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Check that the BIOS is properly setting up your memory timings and voltage. My experiences with ASRock boards have set the voltages whacked a few times. Some under and some over.

And I suggest you download and use the Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh (SP1-U) Digital River ISO downloads and retry.

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads | Page 2 | Windows 7 Forums
    Have a look at my ram voltage settings, just to make sure everything is fine
    Computer freezing-20140920_171215-jpg

Tip.

It's super simple to take BIOS screenshots and post them here. From within the BIOS, with a USB stick in a native USB 2.0 port, pressing F12 will capture an amazing screenie of what is displayed on the monitor and save it to the root of the USB drive. When that particular BIOS page has more hidden below/lower, simply scroll down and press F12 again. Thus ensuring all that pages info gets captured and posted.

The XMP Profile 1 you're using. Would you do a much needed favor?

While in Windows, using CPU-z, use the Windows Sniping Tool and show me what's displayed under the "Memory " tab.

I'd like to see what XMP Profile 2(?) shows for a Command Rate(CR).

While in Windows, using CPU-z, use the Windows Sniping Tool and show me what's displayed under the "Memory " tab.

Duh! I'm getting old and it's showing.

While in Windows, using CPU-z, use the Windows Sniping Tool and show me what's displayed under the "SPD" tab.

Duh! I'm getting old and it's showing.

While in Windows, using CPU-z, use the Windows Sniping Tool and show me what's displayed under the "SPD" tab.

F12 didnt work, its said "no usb storage is found" usb was in a usb 2.0 plug

and there you go
    Computer freezing-ram-png

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1533 View Post
    and there you go
    On CPU-z's Memory tab, is it showing a CR of 2 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information