Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Never saw anything like this in 20 years I dable in PCs..ASROCK PRO3 Z77 MBO UEFI time is...

Default Never saw anything like this in 20 years I dable in PCs..ASROCK PRO3 Z77 MBO UEFI time is...

Time(internal clock) in UEFI/BIOS is going forward like mad.
    Lets say, 1 hour is like 1 second, over night when I wake up, my time is "02.07.2016" in Windows and in Bios/UEFI...
    04:36:26,04:39:57....Like crazy...

I never saw anything like this. UEFI(BIOS?!) version is 1.90, I see that there is 2.10 so I tried to upgrade(i made FAT32 USB with new 2.10 flash) but when I enter in UEFI in Advanced>Instant Flash I can see that it finds USB and new firmware on it, and screen lasts for 1 second and all goes completely blank, screen is black, nothing, like it's dead, when I reset it's all normal but now Im afraid that flashing MBO will do more harm than good.

Also, English is not my native language as you can see so If im not clear, Ill try to explain as best as i can.
    Does anyone has any idea on what to do?
    Please, help.

Never saw anything like this in 20 years I dable in PCs..ASROCK PRO3 Z77 MBO UEFI time is...-asrock-z77-pro3-jpg
    Last edited by subabuser; 09-29-2014 at 05:51 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Never saw anything like this in 20 years I dable in PCs..ASROCK PRO3 Z77 MBO UEFI time is...

Is the PC with this board new, or have you been using it for a while?

This problem has been seen before on some ASRock and other manufacture's boards. I don't remember all the details, but will search for those threads. This can be a difficult problem to fix, and the problem can stop for a while and then start again.

If you can boot into Windows, start Device Manager and see if you have any yellow '!' symbols shown. If not, open System Devices and look for any entries related to time, like System CMOS/real time clock and High Precision event timer. Check for entries in the Events tab, and if the main tab states the device is working correctly.

You should also check the Windows logs such as Event log for clues about the problem.

Do not try to update the UEFI/BIOS again. I suggest doing a full BIOS/CMOS clear, by shutting down the PC, turn off the PSU and unplug it from power. Open the PC case and move the CMOS clear jumper to the clear position, pins two and three. Also, carefully remove the battery on the board, and then let it stay like that for half an hour.

Then replace the battery, move the BIOS clear jumper back to pins one and two, close up the case and start the PC. You will be prompted to go into the BIOS when it starts, do that and on the Exit screen, click on Load UEFI defaults. If that is successful, save and exit, and go back into the BIOS to set any options that you use.

Information about your PC might be helpful, such as what version of Windows do you use, your CPU, PSU, etc.

Default Re: Never saw anything like this in 20 years I dable in PCs..ASROCK PRO3 Z77 MBO UEFI time is...

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Is the PC with this board new, or have you been using it for a while?

This problem has been seen before on some ASRock and other manufacture's boards. I don't remember all the details, but will search for those threads. This can be a difficult problem to fix, and the problem can stop for a while and then start a..................

Information about your PC might be helpful, such as what version of Windows do you use, your CPU, PSU, etc.

cpu:INTEL I5-2500K@stock
    RAM:Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb ddr3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.50v ver8.16
    mbo:ASROCK PRO 3 Z77 1155
    PSU:OCZ CORE X STREAM OCZ-CXS500 500W
    GPU:MSI GTX660 2GB GDDR5 OC Ed. TwinFrozr III
    case:generic no name

Everything is relatively new(around 1 year old), MBO is around 6 months old(i had ASROCK P67 pro3 before),CPU is a little older 1 and a half,psu around 1 year,GPU 1 year. Everything worked normaly, I never OCed anything,PC was mostly used for fun(gaming,movies,internet).

I removed battery from MBO and leave it for 1 hour, before I turned on, i removed HDD so it cant boot to Windows, when it boot to UEFI, clock was normal, everything was normal, i reset it cople of times ,just in case, but it made me thinking ,
    UEFI is connected with Windows, so I really think problem is with Windows,not MBO..
    For now everything looks normal, but i did 1 thing before this problem with time occurred, i manually changed Log On picture of Windows(I really don't think that should be the reason) .
    Now everything looks normal and that just gives me the chills, it is to easy, im afraid problem will return in a day or two in full force.

Thread Information