Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer audio problems

Default Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer audio problems

Hi
    i just assembled my pc again 4790k and a Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer and with that "fancy" on board audio card i was gonna try it but the audio is distorted and very low output trough my steelseries headphones, with the volume at 100% i bearly hear a song is the motherboard faulty or? the headphones are fine trough my g510 keyboad and trough my M-Audio Project mix running of firewire

PowerPie5000 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer audio problems

Quote Originally Posted by icematrox View Post
    Hi
    i just assembled my pc again 4790k and a Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer and with that "fancy" on board audio card i was gonna try it but the audio is distorted and very low output trough my steelseries headphones, with the volume at 100% i bearly hear a song is the motherboard faulty or? the headphones are fine trough my g510 keyboad and trough my M-Audio Project mix running of firewire

Are you using the front headphone port? I had to email Asrock a little while ago as I also thought it was a bit quiet despite the board having a headphone amp (My Z97 Extreme4 uses the same audio setup as your board). The sound quality on mine is pretty good, but the volume through headphones is quite low compared to my old Asus Xonar DG. I think Asrock Z97 boards just have a weak headphone amp.

Default Re: Asrock z97x fatal1ty killer audio problems

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
    Are you using the front headphone port? I had to email Asrock a little while ago as I also thought it was a bit quiet despite the board having a headphone amp (My Z97 Extreme4 uses the same audio setup as your board). The sound quality on mine is pretty good, but the volume through headphones is quite low compared to my old Asus Xonar DG. I think Asrock Z97 boards just have a weak headphone amp.
    this is fixed now :D i reseated my atx power plug and it's fine now great sound quality and it's perfect volume

Thread Information