Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems after installing XP941 on Z97 Extreme6

Unhappy Problems after installing XP941 on Z97 Extreme6

I have been using the ASRock Z97Extreme6 for a while now with previous running my OS on a Samsung SATA3 SSD. Just yesterday my Samsung XP941 finally arrived and after I installed it on the Ultra M.2 slot, my system starts to hang occasionally, or just the keyboard hangs, and the screen flicker few times. I tries changing any BIOS settings that makes sense to me in the USB and RAM options, but the problem remains. Details of my system as follows:

BIOs version = 1.40
    SSD1 = Samsung XP941 512GB in Ultra M.2 slot (main OS drive)
    SSD2 = MyDigitalSSD Super Cache 2 128GB in M.2 slot (acting as my secondary OS drive)
    HDD = WD Red 3TB as storage drive (connect to Intel Z97 SATA port)
    OS = Windows 8.1 with all latest updates
    CPU = Intel i7-4790K
    Ram = 4 x 8GB G.Skill (set to XMP 2133)
    No PCIE Video Card
    Standard USB Kensington Keyboard

Appreciate if anyone can give any advice.

Thanks,
    Mike

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Problems after installing XP941 on Z97 Extreme6

The OS installation on the XP941, was that a new, fresh installation or a clone of another one?

If a new installation, a driver or software installation is different, or not configured right. Or missing a Windows update.

If a clone, it could be corrupted.

No details on the XP941 OS installation was given.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The OS installation on the XP941, was that a new, fresh installation or a clone of another one?

If a new installation, a driver or software installation is different, or not configured right. Or missing a Windows update.

If a clone, it could be corrupted.

No details on the XP941 OS installation was given.
    Hi Parsec,

This is a new OS installation and not clone from my older system or setup. I did not install any other applications yet and there is nothing to configure for the drivers, and I have used both the drivers that comes with the CD, and also new drivers downloaded from ASRock site, and even newer drivers downloaded from elsewhere including Station-Drivers site. The same issues still happen. I am going to try some other things later today includes:

1. Changing my Keyboard USB connection to the USB2.0 using an extension connecting to the motherboard's header instead of the USB3.0 ports on the back panel.
    2. Disabling the onboard ASMedia SATA 3 from the BIOs as I read somewhere saying the ASMedia has been constantly giving problems to others.

Rgds,
    Mike

Hi,
    I'm Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

Due to the Samsung XP941 m.2 support GPT mode OS for better compatibility.
    If you use Samsung XP941 m.2 ssd to be your system disk, we recommend to install OS with GPT mode for try.

Thank you.

Thread Information