Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fatality P67 Professional mobo and the dread B4 error

Hadoken is offline Junior Member

Default Fatality P67 Professional mobo and the dread B4 error; need help

I have an interesting issue.

Just this wednesday, my computer was working fine. It has been for quite a while, and I can't even remember when I last flashed the BIOS. Months ago at least.
    Yesterday afternoon, however, the computer would not start and mr. fatality was glaring at me from my screen rather consistantly. I could not get into the bios though.

So, I opened her up, to discover something that looked like a 64, or b4, on the LED display. So, apparently I had a USB problem. After disconnecting the USB slots, the computer booted up to windows login screen. Progress!
    After several rounds of testing, I have found out that my mouse will ONLY work through startup on ONE of the regular (not USB 3.0) slots. My keyboard still will not work. However, a test with a simple Microsoft USB keyboard actually DID work, and is not limited to any one USB slot.

So... what the heck?
    Is something amiss with the USB controller perhaps? Is it something I can fix by updating anything on the mobo?
    Or would you fine folks rather say it is an issue with the keyboard/mouse? (Which, by the way, is the Trust GXT 280 LED gaming gear)

As further info, I did recently notice that I would get alt+tabbed out of programs / games for no apparent reason. This was a new issue, which would happen occasionally.
    Any help or tooltips are appreciated!
    Last edited by Hadoken; 10-10-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Default Re: Fatality P67 Professional mobo and the dread B4 error

I edited my profile with my computer info.

Also, fun fact; the keyboard (GXT 280) does actually work on another computer. No issues whatsoever.

So, my question remains; How is it possible that (literally overnight) my mobo USB ports suddenly develop an allergy for this specific keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    I edited my profile with my computer info.

Also, fun fact; the keyboard (GXT 280) does actually work on another computer. No issues whatsoever.

So, my question remains; How is it possible that (literally overnight) my mobo USB ports suddenly develop an allergy for this specific keyboard?
    test my bios MDCLAB

Quote Originally Posted by asrlab View Post
    test my bios MDCLAB
    So what am I looking at here? A modified BIOS by a third party?

Not sure I am feeling that safe about it. Could anybody else vouch for this website and the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    So what am I looking at here? A modified BIOS by a third party?

Not sure I am feeling that safe about it. Could anybody else vouch for this website and the files?
    The bios is already tested, try it! nothing happens.

Thread Information