Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: C2750D4I Marvell controller performance horrible

Exclamation C2750D4I Marvell controller performance horrible

Hello everyone,

Have been running FreeNAS for a while now on my C2750D4I with 16GB ECC memory. Noticed/have been experiencing horrible performance of my pool, and after a few tests discovered that a drive connected to a Marvell controller on my motherboard will either; error out or give horrible performance. (50MB/s)

Im having the widely discussed performance problems with the Marvell controllers.
    Drives connected to it will only bring around 53MB/s read and comparable write.
    Drive maxes out on Intel controller.

Drive will error/drop out with following errors when put through stress testing; (copy big file from pool) http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...ad66e2b1db.jpg

My topic on FreeNAS forums: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php...ehavior.24039/

Is there any fix yet for FreeBSD? I installed the latest BIOS. (P1.50)
    Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
    Niels

Default Re: C2750D4I Marvell controller performance horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Nindustries View Post
    Hello everyone,

Have been running FreeNAS for a while now on my C2750D4I with 16GB ECC memory. Noticed/have been experiencing horrible performance of my pool, and after a few tests discovered that a drive connected to a Marvell controller on my motherboard will either; error out or give horrible performance. (50MB/s)

Im having the widely discussed performance problems with the Marvell controllers.
    Drives connected to it will only bring around 53MB/s read and comparable write.
    Drive maxes out on Intel controller.

Drive will error/drop out with following errors when put through stress testing; (copy big file from pool) http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...ad66e2b1db.jpg

My topic on FreeNAS forums: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php...ehavior.24039/

Is there any fix yet for FreeBSD? I installed the latest BIOS. (P1.50)
    Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
    Niels
    Updating to the latest BIOS version is correctly the first approach, but the latest BIOS version for C2750D4I is P2.50. ASRock Rack > C2750D4I . I also have a firmware update for the Marvell controller. Please open a ticket with ASRock Rack support at william@asrockamerica.com. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
    Updating to the latest BIOS version is correctly the first approach, but the latest BIOS version for C2750D4I is P2.50. ASRock Rack > C2750D4I . I also have a firmware update for the Marvell controller. Please open a ticket with ASRock Rack support at william@asrockamerica.com. Thank you!
    Thank you for responding. I eventually got sick of trying/diagnosing and sold the board. I switched to another board/brand.

Greetings

No problem. But if other user has the board, he/she may have encounter the same problem. If possible, please kindly provide our contact information, william@asrockamerica.com to that user. We are willing to help to make it work.

Thread Information