Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 3d 252B I could see CPU fan and power fan are spinning but no display.

Unhappy Asrock 3d 252B I could see CPU fan and power fan are spinning but no display.

Hi All,

I have this problem for a long time. When i turn it on i only hear the CPU FAN and the blueray drive move, No display at all and i can't hear my HD.
    If it does boot up to windows 7 x64 it will be random, and i'll leave it on. :)
    But if i need to reboot i can say bye bye. I'll only hear the CPU FAN and the blueray drive but nothing more.

Any ideas?
    I can't update bios because i can see nothing and it's not seems to even boot yet.
    Also i did try to remove the battery for 20 sec and it didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
    Yaniv Chen

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock 3d 252B I could see CPU fan and power fan are spinning but no display.

Questions:

Are you using the power supply that came with the PC? Have you ever checked the connectors on the power supply and the PC itself, to be sure they are making a good connection and are not loose?

Have you ever opened the PC to do any work, such as add or change a HDD? I'm thinking about checking the internal connection from the power supply to the mother board, inside the PC case.

Check the connections to the HDD, both data and power, on both ends of the cables.

When the PC does boot, why can't you restart the PC in Windows (or what do you use?) and then press the Del key to get into the BIOS? When you said, "... if i need to reboot i can say bye bye", does that mean a cold start after shutting down the PC, or a restart as I just described?

Have you changed any parts inside the PC?

Your PC does not have a BIOS update, only one version available (this is from the Global/English web site):

Vision 3D Series (Sandy Bridge) - ASRock Inc.

Unhappy Re: Asrock 3d 252B I could see CPU fan and power fan are spinning but no display.

Hi,

I answered your questions in red.

Are you using the power supply that came with the PC? Yes, it's the original external power supply Have you ever checked the connectors on the power supply and the PC itself, to be sure they are making a good connection and are not loose? Nothing looks loose.

Have you ever opened the PC to do any work, such as add or change a HDD? Yes, I added an extra SSD hard drive with 64GB for my OS (Windows 7) I'm thinking about checking the internal connection from the power supply to the mother board, inside the PC case. The internal connection is build in the Motherboard.

Check the connections to the HDD, both data and power, on both ends of the cables. All Original cables but i did try to change them and not help.

When the PC does boot, why can't you restart the PC in Windows (or what do you use?) and then press the Del key to get into the BIOS? When you said, "... if i need to reboot i can say bye bye", does that mean a cold start after shutting down the PC, or a restart as I just described? OK, let me explain again: if i turn on the pc and windows does load up all working find. But if while in windows i need to restart i might not get to windows again and i get the same symptoms.

Have you changed any parts inside the PC? No, all parts are original nothing has been replaced or no overclocking has been used.

Thread Information