Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H97M Pro4

Default H97M Pro4

Picked up a new H97M Pro4. Looking for drivers for XP Professional. I cannot upgrade to a newer OS because some programs will not run on Win 7. Any help on what to do besides trying to find a MB that still supports XP?

SandsOfTime is offline Member

Default Re: H97M Pro4

You could install Windows 7 on your mobo and set up a virtual machine that runs Windows XP for the old XP programs. Using Windows 7 Ultimate, you get a Windows XP VM for free from Microsoft (called "XP Mode"), or use third party freeware tools like VMWare Player or VirtualBox.

Default Re: H97M Pro4

Thanks for the reply. I thought of that but I have a program that hosts a database server and is networked. The problem is that the program works fine with Windows 7 but will not let any other computers connect to the database. The manufacturer says I would need to upgrade the whole program to make it work. Can't justify spending $1600.00 on an upgrade since it works fine with XP.

Thread Information