Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: [HELP] ASRock Extreme4 Z97

K|NGP|N is offline Junior Member

Default [HELP] ASRock Extreme4 Z97

Hello guys. I have two questions.

I have bought the ASRock Extreme4 Z97 with a Intel I7 4790K.

I have some problems with CPU Fan controller. For now, i'm using a default fan by Intel. I have tried to rendering a 3D parts on Keyshot, and the temps up to 98 (Core0 100). I didn't see the high speed of the fan, just a little bit of speed increase. I think at 90 the fan speed boost up to max speed, but i don't listen the hard noise of speed. The fan is connected on the 4 pin slot. The bios settings are normal, i have tried too the custom speed, and the performance mode.

Now, another thing. At 98-100, why the overheath don't turn off the system ? When this function turn off the system for protect the cpu burn ?

The bios is the last version. 1.30.
    Last edited by K|NGP|N; 11-08-2014 at 08:07 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: [HELP] ASRock Extreme4 Z97

You could try using the "Full On" setting for your CPU fan, and check the speed after that, it should run at the full speed all the time.

If you are sure the fan is not running at full speed, you could start the A-Tuning software, and in the FanTastic Tuning tool, run the "Fan Test" for the CPU fan, which will calibrate its speed, and you can check the highest speed.

The i7-4790K at 100C will first throttle its speed, meaning it will slow down from 4.0Ghz to 3.0GHz or less, to try to cool it down. The shutdown temperature for your CPU is about 110C.

Why would you buy CPU that is made for overclocking and use it with the ****tiest cooling hardware on earth from stock intel? Go get proper cooling piece.

K|NGP|N is offline Junior Member

Parsec, thanks for the reply.

At the moment, i can't test the fan with this program, because i got some problems with my PSU, so i need to change it. (Corsair AX760i). For the overheath, i never tried the CPU at 110, so maybe for this the overheath don't work.

@nobugsonme: I have bought the kit XSPC RayStorm EX360 with D5 vario pump. But for now, i can't mount it. I'm waiting the NZXT Switch 810.

Thread Information