Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have correct dimensions of X99 WS and X99 OC Formula?

Default Anyone have correct dimensions of X99 WS and X99 OC Formula?

The spec pages and manuals say these are E-ATX boards, but they're clearly nowhere near 330mm long. They look more like SSI-CEB length (269+/- 4 or so mm), with the WS being 1 or 2 mm longer.
    Last edited by ChaosTheorist; 11-12-2014 at 07:08 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone have correct dimensions of X99 WS and X99 OC Formula?

I don't know the exact dimensions, but both of those boards are very similar in size to the Z87 OC Formula I obtained recently.

ASRock calls them EATX simply because they are not exactly ATX size. The screw mounting holes are those of an ATX board, but the board is mainly longer in width than an ATX board, width being from the IO panel side to the side with the 24 pin ATX connector. Check the picture of those boards on their information pages on ASRock's website.

These boards are also a little longer in the height dimension, obviously the opposite of the width dimension. Again using the screw mounting holes as a reference, these boards are slightly larger in height.

The case I use for the Z87 OC Formula accommodates EATX boards but there was plenty of room left over. If your case will only accept up to ATX size boards, you'll need to judge the clearances available, with the width dimension being the one where more space is needed.

Thanks. Do you have the exact dimensions of your board? I agree that it looks very similar to its X99 cousins, so measurements would be helpful.

I'd be surprised if it is wider than 305mm. That's the standard width for everything from ATX to SSI-CEB-/EEB and even E-ATX; those boards get progressively longer, but it isn't until you get to non-standard sizes like WTX and XL-ATX that the width increases. Even the original AT was 305mm, though of course that was the short dimension, since they were longer then they were wide.

I wish I had the measurements, the board is mounted in a PC case now so I'll need to open it up to check.

Ok, opened the case and used my metric ruler, and was able to get good measurements.

My Z87 OC Formula board is 305mm from top to bottom, and 265mm wide. I am confident those are accurate measurements.

The board does look rather square, but I triple checked the width measurement, and it is 265mm.

There's gotta be an easier way to find out dimensions of the board...maybe just contact Asrock directly?

Quote Originally Posted by leedreamer189 View Post
    There's gotta be an easier way to find out dimensions of the board...maybe just contact Asrock directly?
    Yeah, but that would make sense...

Plus you can have some chump like me do it, and get the results here, and then disappear into the Ether-net.

"some chump"
    Last edited by - wardog -; 11-17-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Add quotes to remove possible hurt feelings
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by leedreamer189 View Post
    You'd certainly think so. But, after a week with no answer from Asrock, I decided to seek the info elsewhere. Sorry if that inconvenienced anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    "some chump"
    I said it not you!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTheorist View Post
    You'd certainly think so. But, after a week with no answer from Asrock, I decided to seek the info elsewhere. Sorry if that inconvenienced anyone.
    While I took it upon myself to measure the board for you, I imagined I'd get a "Thanks" in reply, silly me!

I would not be surprised if the support personnel that received your request have no more documentation about the boards than are available to us.

But what do you know, my board's manual had this in the specs: EATX Form Factor (12.0-in x 10.5-in, 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm)

Looks like I was off by two millimeters.

No such specs in the X99 OC or X99 WS manuals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information