Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock am1b-itx lpt port not working

Default asrock am1b-itx lpt port not working

Hi,
    I have a Asrock am1b-itx and I'm having problem with the LPT port which is not communicating with a Break-out board used in Desktop CNC machine.
    This BOB (Breakout Board) worked fine with other Mobo, but not with Asrock am1b-itx's lpt port. I checked the UEFI setup, Parallel port is enabled, Device mode = Normal, I have also tried Bi-directional, ECP and PP-1.9 mode, ECP and EPP-1.7 mode and still no movement on the machine. Can anyone tell me what caused this?

thanks,

Default Re: asrock am1b-itx lpt port not working

What port address is the LPT assigned in the BIOS?

I'm wondering if it's a non-standard address. The user manual doesn't specify what options are available. And even more strangely, you too skipped right over mentioning them, which makes me think non-standard. Otherwise I'd have thought you to mention it/them at least.

I'd first look to the program Parallel Port Tester. Note the requirement of Inpout32.dll needing downloaded and properly installed as directed on the aforementioned page, after installing the program.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thinking back on this some .......

Can I assume correctly that you're using an older OS, say 95/XP? If so, is there a hardware conflict in the OS concerning the LPT port maybe?
    Last edited by - wardog -; 11-16-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hi wardog,
    The OS is win 7 64, and here's a picture of the board and the SSD:

The computer is not here with me, so will have to check the port address later.

thanks,

My Os is in Chinese Trad.
    Here is a picture showing the port address:

Well, the ports address is standard, 0378-037F.

Are you 100% sure the software and driver(s) that control the CnC are Win7 x64 compatible? I ask because with its introduction Windows 7 "broke' a lot of software and drivers that were written for the previous Windows releases. Never mind you're using x64, which seemingly made older software/drivers that much more likely to fail.

Found this link :
    Kellyware Forum: Parallel Port problems with 64-bit Windows 7
    Only 32 bit is compatible, not 64. I have re-installed the hard drive to Win 7 Pro 32 bit, is all working now,

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by happytriger2000 View Post
    Found this link :
    Kellyware Forum: Parallel Port problems with 64-bit Windows 7
    Only 32 bit is compatible, not 64. I have re-installed the hard drive to Win 7 Pro 32 bit, is all working now,

thanks,

Glad to hear you got it functioning.

Thread Information