Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HP P410 Boot Loop under ASRock H77 PRO4/MVP

Default HP P410 Boot Loop under ASRock H77 PRO4/MVP

I have a HP P410 256MB Cache RAID Controller using this in the HP N54L it works fine and passes onto the SSD to boot windows. However as soon as i connected the card to the ASRock i am having issues it detects the Card at POST and detects the Array but then simply reboots this keeps rebooting even being left 10-20 minutes. As soon as i place the card back in the N54L it works fine and i can edit the Array if needed and also boot into Windows. Is there potentially a compatibility issue with the ASRock board?

Default Re: HP P410 Boot Loop under ASRock H77 PRO4/MVP

At exactly where in the computers boot process is it looping?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Also, more info/input from you

OS used, driver(s) installed
    Description of HDD layout in regards to card and MB sata ports connected
    Booting from the controller, or a separate HDD/SSD connected to the MBs ports
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

So i am using Windows Server 2012R2 Standard (Drivers Installed)
    Have 2 OCZ Vertex 2 SSD in Intel Raid, so BIOS has SATA Set to RAID these are the OS in RAID 1
    The controller has x4 3TB Toshiba HDD's connected in RAID 5

The Controller Raid is merely additional Storage.

If i remove the Controller the OS boots fine, when the card is inserted i power the machine on blank screen and then the HP Smart Array pops up and it scans the Array 'Initializing' then reboots i don't even get ASRock POST appear with the ability to enter the BIOS/UEFI unless i pull the card and boot.

Thread Information