Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any reason my computer won't reboot (boots fine)?

rjmckay is offline Junior Member

Question Any reason my computer won't reboot (boots fine)?

My computer will boot. However, it will not boot if the computer was shut off recently... i.e. a computer restart. The computer powers up (i.e. fans and stuff start) but does not boot. Give it some time, and the computer boots again.

I have a ASRock z97x Fatl1ty KIller MoBo.

Two ideas...

maybe there is a setting in UEFI missed?
    Maybe I installed the reset switch wrong. I don't think so... but it's possible I did make a mistake.

Can anyone help?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Any reason my computer won't reboot (boots fine)?

Saying the computer does not boot is a bit vague.

So you restart and the PC won't boot into Windows, but what happens? Do you get a black screen, or any messages on the screen? Can you get into the UEFI on a restart?

When you said "... give it some time, and the computer boots..." does that mean if you let it sit after a restart, it will eventually boot? Or after a shutdown and letting it sit it will boot?

What model is your OS drive, and model of PSU? Do you use a video card or onboard graphics?

Do you use the HDD Saver feature on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Saying the computer does not boot is a bit vague.
    I agree.... sorry about that.

So you restart and the PC won't boot into Windows, but what happens? Do you get a black screen, or any messages on the screen? Can you get into the UEFI on a restart?
    Black Screen.... monitor stays in power-save mode. I can not get into UEFI on a restart.

When you said "... give it some time, and the computer boots..." does that mean if you let it sit after a restart, it will eventually boot? Or after a shutdown and letting it sit it will boot?
    if I let it sit after a restart it will boot. Or if I impatiently keep hitting the power over and until I eventually get a boot (I have no idea how I know that )

What model is your OS drive, and model of PSU? Do you use a video card or onboard graphics?
    OS drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W
    CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - Newegg.com

Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100365L Radeon R9 270 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card With BOOST & OC
    SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100365L Radeon R9 270 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card With BOOST & OC - Newegg.com

Do you use the HDD Saver feature on this board?
    No. I am at the KISS stage before adding complicated tweaks.

Thank you for all your help!

Rj

the more I look into it, the more it looks like hardware issues with the MOBO ... anyone disagree?

Are you sure it's not just refusing to wake up from sleep? If so, try disabling hybrid sleep in window's power settings.

Hey, you can follow the steps below to fix your Windows boot problem:

Step 1: Insert a blank CD into your computer. Download and launch Windows Boot Genius on another workable computer and click "Burn". Only one click of mouse, you can finish burning a boot CD.

Step 2: This step is operated on the computer that won't boot up. Insert CD onto your computer. And set BIOS to boot your computer from CD, instead of hard drive. It will reboot automatically and access to the CD.

Step 3: Then you will load to system. Launch this program under Win PE. Select "Windows Rescue" to follow the built-in wizard to finish fixing booting problems.

Thread Information