Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cannot get FM2A88X+ Killer to run at DDR2400 speed

darkone is offline Junior Member

Default Cannot get FM2A88X+ Killer to run at DDR2400 speed

Hi Everyone

I built a machine near the begining of the year with these components:
    AMD A10-7850K
    Corsair Hydro H55 Water Cooler
    ADATA XPG V2 16GB DDR3-2400 (AX3U2400W8G11-DMW)
    ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer (bios: 1.90)
    Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BWW
    WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb
    MSI R7 250 2GD3 OC
    LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Writer
    Corsair RM750 PSU

I cannot seem to get this system to run at 2400 speed and I don't know why? I made sure I bought the memory that asrock recommends for running 2400 and it was tested by them (ASRock > Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer). In the bios you can see the memory profile for 2400, I select it and reboot and it crashes my windows 8.1 x64 bit OS each and every time. I bump it down to 2133 speed and the system works flawlessly and has been for months. I paid extra money for this memory and board to get the memory speed benefits for using the A10 and I cannot get it to be stable to use.

I did run memtest86 after setting it to 2400 speed a few months back and it ran fine with no crashes after a few hours. But once it boots into the OS it dies every time.
    Are there some things I could try, tests to run or setting timings manually to help solve this issue? Has anyone else had problems with this ADATA memory?

Thanks for any help on this.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Cannot get FM2A88X+ Killer to run at DDR2400 speed

Which DIMM slots are you using? Your board's manual recommends using slots A2 and B2 for memory of 1600 or above.

Did you try setting all the memory timing settings to Auto, regardless of what the XMP profile settings are?

When selecting the memory profile for 2400, have you checked all the resulting BIOS option settings, in case something does not seem right? The voltage for this memory is 1.65V.

It seems you've used this memory from day one with this build, but did you try a CMOS/BIOS clear and starting from scratch in the BIOS?

Your CPU's memory controller is rated at 2133 max, so 2400 is an OC which may not work. Odd it works in memtest and not Windows.

Thread Information